Everton's Next No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can we have a goalie who wears trackie bottoms ?

And also our number 1.. to actually have the number 1 on his shirt ?

That'll do for me.
image.jpg

Also upon googling Joel some great photos are to be seen. He's had some bizarre things happen on the pitch in the last year hasn't he?
He's had to save a cat:
evertons-spanish-goalkeeper-joel-robles-attempts-to-coax-a-cat-off-of-picture-id504159814

And wrestle a banana:
100774.jpg

(He's got those tights... that's close to trackie bottoms right?)
And also:
stock-photo-bangkok-thailand-july-goalkeeper-joel-robles-of-everton-in-action-during-training-session-at-209292775.jpg

Here's the tracksuit.

image.jpg

Also upon googling Joel some great photos are to be seen. He's had some bizarre things happen on the pitch in the last year hasn't he?
He's had to save a cat:
evertons-spanish-goalkeeper-joel-robles-attempts-to-coax-a-cat-off-of-picture-id504159814

And wrestle a banana:
100774.jpg

(He's got those tights... that's close to trackie bottoms right?)
And also:
stock-photo-bangkok-thailand-july-goalkeeper-joel-robles-of-everton-in-action-during-training-session-at-209292775.jpg

Here's the tracksuit.
I like the lad.
I was stood right behind him when he saved the penno at Bournemouth.. one of the seasons highlights for me that.

His distribution is very under rated as well.

I like the lad.
I was stood right behind him when he saved the penno at Bournemouth.. one of the seasons highlights for me that.

His distribution is very under rated as well.
He's still got to improve a bit more to be our #1, but tbh he's played a handful of games (for a goalie) and has looked good in all of them bar 2...

If not, can we sign Oblak from Athletico? Be great, seeing as his name means "Cloud" in Bulgarian, just for funsies.

He's still got to improve a bit more to be our #1, but tbh he's played a handful of games (for a goalie) and has looked good in all of them bar 2...

If not, can we sign Oblak from Athletico? Be great, seeing as his name means "Cloud" in Bulgarian, just for funsies.
We are able to buy instant, proven quality now, and I'd expect a top keeper to come in.

Did someone not post a keeper in the lower leagues who was a great prospect, not the ageing Cardiff keeper some keeper at a much lower level who had rave reviews ??
Robles has not had a decent run of games as yet IMO - like everyone in our side on Sat looked confused with RMs system that was the poorest performance for an age - RM is heading for a worst record than Mike Walkers home form, and we all know what happened to him - the way we play at the moment at home forget the keeper just board the goal up with MDF to keep the ball out as it was schoolboy performances from back to front on Sat!
Appalling sad to see, hate losing any home game , but never in that fashion!

Stoke are currently ahead of us in the league though.

Not for long, plus Stoke is incomparable to Liverpool as a city, surely that stands for something? Then there's our history and fan base that would hopefully make us stand out over a club like Stoke?

Or am I clutching at straws here..........

Is Joel good enough to be our number 1.?

I think not. He's excellent number 2 but if we want to fight CL places we need better and higher calibre keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.