Evertonians for change article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not against these fan groups per se, but if they want to be taken seriously, then they really have to take a few basic actions.

- Register the organisation as a limited company.
- Offer every season-ticket holder a place on the board.
- Offer the same 'transparency' they crave and allow their finances/financial acumen and business credentials to be scrutinised [would half of them even pass 'the fit and proper persons test? - joke]
- Present an alternative business model. Hell, if you want, make this hypothetical "limited company" an investment brokers, and actively seek the investment they insist is out there.
Stop being an internet lynch-mob.

Nonsense. That's saying they should have the wherewithall to be an alternative board of directors in waiting. They're a fans group lobbying a business that trades in tens of millions of pounds.

Nonsense. That's saying they should have the wherewithall to be an alternative board of directors in waiting. They're a fans group lobbying a business that trades in tens of millions of pounds.

Are you suggesting that these fans know even less about running Everton -or any footbal club for that matter- than the current monkies in charge?

Just to point out lids, it's a Blue Union article in reality, released by all the groups. I think that needs to be made clearer so going to rectify it now!

Are you suggesting that these fans know even less about running Everton -or any footbal club for that matter- than the current monkies in charge?

No, I'm saying they want people running the club who know how to develop it financially. If they ticked all the boxes you set out for them then there'd really be no need for lobbying - they'd have the money and expertise to take it over and run it themselves.

It's unreal to demand that level of knowledge and finance from a football supporter group.

I hate to play Devils Advocate here but; if the board came out and announced that we did indeed did not have a proverbial pot to piss into, how long do you think we could expect to hold onto our current squad, nevermind add to it?

I think thats why the silence is so deafening and the 85p soundbites come out. Its polite distraction keeping the vultures away from the door.

However, announcments as to expectant plans could possible be announced as they give cause for optimism. Obviously the problem is when these plans bear no fruitition that the lynch mobs begin to circle again.

So what can the board realistically declare to the fans without blowing their financial cover or handing over the silver bullet???

I hate to play Devils Advocate here but; if the board came out and announced that we did indeed did not have a proverbial pot to piss into, how long do you think we could expect to hold onto our current squad, nevermind add to it?

I think thats why the silence is so deafening and the 85p soundbites come out. Its polite distraction keeping the vultures away from the door.

However, announcments as to expectant plans could possible be announced as they give cause for optimism. Obviously the problem is when these plans bear no fruitition that the lynch mobs begin to circle again.

So what can the board realistically declare to the fans without blowing their financial cover or handing over the silver bullet???

Then they'd have to make their plans work out. This is the issue, really. They set zero targets as an organisation. There's no dynamism there whatsoever.

I would say the annexe is pretty dynamic in a thanks for fecking up Kirkby kind of way.

Dynamic? But even if it gets off the ground (which it wont) this is the scheme you said wouldn't bring in any substantial revenue...that's how dynamic you really think it is.

Another u-turn by Mr Flip-Flop.

Well then all of this bluster is pretty much a waste of time now isn't it?

Dynamic? But even if it gets off the ground (which it wont) this is the scheme you said wouldn't bring in any substantial revenue...that's how dynamic you really think it is.

Another u-turn by Mr Flip-Flop.

Yeah im not a fan of it to be honest, that said its utiliseing the available resource within a margins so fair play for thinking outside the box.

*You pay far to much attention to my posts mate. XX

Status
Not open for further replies.