Everton Youth Teams Thread

The point was more that their 16 year olds look more like grown men and more comfortable on a football pitch than players that have stepped up from our under 23s.
Right, but you were having a pop at Unsworth, saying Kenny was "the fruit of his labours", ignoring the fact that Gordon: a) was playing; b) is more highly rated. I haven't paid any attention to other results last night tho. What 16 yr olds are you talking about?

The point was more that their 16 year olds look more like grown men and more comfortable on a football pitch than players that have stepped up from our under 23s.
Very few 16 year olds have received significant coaching, by and large the ones you see are very good natural footballers. Last night was a great example , and highlights that there are so many things not working in our club compared to others, it’s not just one thing that needs fixing. I saw on Sky Sports that Kaide Gordon was starting for the RS at 16. They got him from Derby 3 months ago , he looked really sharp against our U23s , so a talent they’ve paid to acquire. Crucially though they put him into a team where he had good squad players around him who would help him. There is no way we could put a 16 year old , unless he‘s Rooney quality, into our team last night.
I obviously didn’t watch the RS, can’t say how he played, but their path is a clear one, a few more appearances for the first team , loan out until he either makes it with them or they sell to another PL. club for £30 mill. As I said, there are many things in our club where we are way behind.

Very few 16 year olds have received significant coaching, by and large the ones you see are very good natural footballers. Last night was a great example , and highlights that there are so many things not working in our club compared to others, it’s not just one thing that needs fixing. I saw on Sky Sports that Kaide Gordon was starting for the RS at 16. They got him from Derby 3 months ago , he looked really sharp against our U23s , so a talent they’ve paid to acquire. Crucially though they put him into a team where he had good squad players around him who would help him. There is no way we could put a 16 year old , unless he‘s Rooney quality, into our team last night.
I obviously didn’t watch the RS, can’t say how he played, but their path is a clear one, a few more appearances for the first team , loan out until he either makes it with them or they sell to another PL. club for £30 mill. As I said, there are many things in our club where we are way behind.

Absolutely this mate. We have so many things wrong from the Academy up and route for the players. I was hoping Brands would have sorted this, but I feel its not going to be at all.

Which teams bar United Arsenal and Chelsea, who have a monopoly on the North and South youth players have churned out players consistently?

Leeds, Villa, Southampton, Spurs, Leicester, just off the top of my head. Middlesbrough always used to pad their squad out with youth players when they were Prem regulars, I know that’s going back a bit now.

Absolutely this mate. We have so many things wrong from the Academy up and route for the players. I was hoping Brands would have sorted this, but I feel its not going to be at all.
It's gotten worse if anything at U21 level. Pre Brands got us Lookman, DCL, Holgate, Stones. Brands came in and kiboshed a move for David Brooks and moved Unsworths scout away from him.

It's gotten worse if anything at U21 level. Pre Brands got us Lookman, DCL, Holgate, Stones. Brands came in and kiboshed a move for David Brooks and moved Unsworths scout away from him.

What even is the end game for the academy, like do we have KPI in place or anything? I would love the club to say Brands and Unsworth have a KPI of getting X amount of minutes for academy players over the next 3 years and aim to have a player in the first team regularly. It just doesn't feel like we have anything there to manage what they should be doing.

Having something in front to them which would up recruitment and push further coaching and styling would put a stick up their backsides.

Which teams bar United Arsenal and Chelsea, who have a monopoly on the North and South youth players have churned out players consistently?
Well to answer your question: Tottenham, Villa, City, Southampton, Leicester. All to varying levels. Personally I would discount Chelsea and City from the comparison due to the exorbitant amounts they spend on youth dev. But I think the others can be included. Arsenal and United too. I would also say the RS have produced more than 2.

But the point I was making was answering a post saying there is no talent in our youth system at the moment. Looking at the youth systems of other clubs I would say there is something not being done right if we don't have any. Academies are brimming with talent at the moment as we will come to see over the next 5 years.

Leeds, Villa, Southampton, Spurs, Leicester, just off the top of my head.
Lol Leeds have one first teamer from their academy in Kalvin Phillips who 2 years ago everyone would've scoffed at.

Villa have produced Grealish and now have a bunch of kids that may turn out good or may be worse than Davies

Leicester have Harvey Barnes and Chilwell recently and not much else.

Southampton I will give you but they have geography on their side

Well to answer your question: Tottenham, Villa, City, Southampton, Leicester. All to varying levels. Personally I would discount Chelsea and City from the comparison due to the exorbitant amounts they spend on youth dev. But I think the others can be included. Arsenal and United too. I would also say the RS have produced more than 2.

But the point I was making was answering a post saying there is no talent in our youth system at the moment. Looking at the youth systems of other clubs I would say there is something not being done right if we don't have any. Academies are brimming with talent at the moment as we will come to see over the next 5 years.

I mean our best two left once they turned 16/17. That's hardly the academies fault more the way the club is structured and the complete mismanagement of the club. If those 2 stay we would be having a different discussion. The academy had them, the first team let them get away.

Same way we had Davies, a player who trained with England first team as a 17 year old and then we used him as a utility player for the next 5 years and never actually trying to develop him as a player with a role.

Doesn't matter if we ever have a good player in the academy when the first team will never actually use them properly