Everton Youth Teams Thread

I saw the U23s fixtures and thought out of the first 10 or so we might actually get to see a number of them , not on Everton site of course but the other clubs. I seem to have built up quite a number of free memberships of these clubs over the years, and yet I pay £30 every year and get bugger all for it from my own club.
Yep, i have 12 from other teams lol

A good length contract, any one know much about this lad?

Must have just turned 17, 3 years is the standard at that age, I think it may even be the max at 17 they do change things. Essential they’ve all got two year contracts as Scholars, this gives him a pro contract with an additional year. I don’t think we gave out DoB info this year, I know Reece Welch is 17 later this month, Kouyate is the first so far of the new scholars to get a contract.
Hes the only forward in the new intake so likely to get a lot of game time , also featured in a U23s friendly and a few games at u18 last season. He looks big and strong , though not as big as Simms at the same age I’d say.

Must have just turned 17, 3 years is the standard at that age, I think it may even be the max at 17 they do change things. Essential they’ve all got two year contracts as Scholars, this gives him a pro contract with an additional year. I don’t think we gave out DoB info this year, I know Reece Welch is 17 later this month, Kouyate is the first so far of the new scholars to get a contract.
Hes the only forward in the new intake so likely to get a lot of game time , also featured in a U23s friendly and a few games at u18 last season. He looks big and strong , though not as big as Simms at the same age I’d say.

...left handed by the look of things. I wonder if he’s left footed, for some reason lefties always look more impressive.

Isaac Price and Luke Butterfield are also 17 this month

The Everton u18s finally ko there season tomorrow with an 11am ko home v Blackburn, its off course Evertons 1st game since they lost 3-2 to man utd were they were quite unlucky to lose,

while the u23s Derby is as said LIVE on LFCTV Sunday at 1pm, no idea yet if Liverpool will put in on there Youtube Channel etc, but if not there's the usual other means we know about - IE the Internet and co, while just a heads up that the Everton v Leicester game week monday is 100% been shown by Leicester who once again are showing all there u23s games home or away, that Leicester game oddly is the 1st of 4 home league games in a row before an away game at man utd which is live on MUFC but thats 6 weeks away yet

Reckon Tait should have got that promo not Rhino NEA
For some reason I thought his promotion had been announced earlier , along with the Chris Perkins joining the Academy from Derby announcement .
About six months ago there was a piece about Unsworth shadowing Carlo’s first team training, there‘s obviously moves that have taken place to better align 1st team / u23/ u18 , Im happy enough to see how this works out this season.

Be interesting to see which u18s are considered good enough for the u23s and whether Unsworth will be forced to play Connolly, Pennington, Baningime, Adeniran, Broadhead and Bowler who are all passed it for u23s but need put in the shop window somehow.

Be interesting to see which u18s are considered good enough for the u23s and whether Unsworth will be forced to play Connolly, Pennington, Baningime, Adeniran, Broadhead and Bowler who are all passed it for u23s but need put in the shop window somehow.
Yep , was thinking the same. I saw Liam Higgins played a full game, it looked like him at RB in the Runcorn game, John could return though. Dobbin of course has been included , hope Onyango is not crowded out by the other older players but it does happen this time of the season until loans are sorted.
edit : scrub Higgins, looks like he‘ s RB for the u18s

U18s are now playing their season opener against Blackburn.

Leban - Higgins, Welch, Thompson, Small - Butterfield, Price, McAllister, Warrington - Cannon, Kouyate
Subs: Steward, Kristensen, Lowrey, Mills, Whitaker

Looks like a young squad. 0-1 down after a couple of minutes already as well, though.

My team would be
Tryer
John Astley Ouzounidis Anderson
Onyango Iversen Hughes
Hunt Simms Dobbin

I expect
Tryer
John Astley Pennington Connolly
Adeniran Baningime Iversen
Bowler Simms Broadhead

I understand the reasoning but it would still be nice to see the players still with a chance to get game time.