Everton Youth Teams Thread

Interesting given the shortage of numbers that Connolly and Pennington weren't even on the bench yesterday. Hopefully this means they are subject of interest and the club didn't want to risk them getting injuries. Broadhead and Bowler it wouldn't be the end of the world if we kept as we don't have many forward options but Connolly and Pennington will stunt opportunities for the likes of Astley and Anderson who might yet make it here.

U18S AND U23S WROTE OUT FIXTURE LIST BELOW -THEY ARE NOT EVEN OUT YET-so days/times may change as usual

1599495447224.png

EVERTON U23S

Sat Sep 12 Liverpool A
Sat Sep 19 Leicester City H
Sat Sep 26 Derby County H
Sat Oct 3 Manchester City A
Sat Oct 17 Tottenham Hotspur H
Sat Oct 24 Manchester United A
Sat Nov 7 Chelsea H
Sat Nov 21 Arsenal A
Sat Nov 28 Blackburn Rovers A

Sat Dec 12 West Ham United H
Sat Dec 19 Brighton & Hove Albion A
Sat Jan 9 Southampton H
Sat Jan 16 Liverpool H
Sat Jan 23 Leicester City A

Sat Jan 30 Derby County A
Sat Feb 6 Manchester City H
Sat Feb 13 Tottenham Hotspur A
Sat Feb 20 Manchester United H

Sat Mar 13 Chelsea A
Sat Mar 20 Arsenal H

Sat Apr 10 Blackburn Rovers H
Sat Apr 17 West Ham United A
Sat Apr 24 Brighton & Hove Albion H
Sat May 1 Southampton A

As said 9 days ago,now all officially confirmed with the correct dates/times, also there is due to be no Under-18 Premier League Cup competition running this season

I think it is once players get to a certain point in their career.
Yes indeed,and then again every player is different. Ledson was a precocious talent in some ways , captaining England youth , early exposure at U21 ( 15/16 I think) , asking to go on loan at 18 , clearly knowing his own mind. He‘s had good playing exposure after transferring to Oxford and now PNE so got what he wanted, but now he’s 23 it’s hard to say if he made the right choice career wise . His youth career ran in parallel to Kenny as a comparison.

I think most agree that having older players retained in the U23s in the past has at times hindered player development . What has been apparent in the past 14 months is that we are now moving younger players up to U23s quicker, Onyango, Dobbin obviously but also 17 yr old Liam Higgins getting a full match recently. And five teenagers getting game time for the 1st team last weekend. Lots of positive changes going on, it doesn’t guarantee more players will come through but it seems to be backed up by a good talent pool too.

The Liverpool v Everton u23s Derby sunday 1pm ko is LIVE on LFCTV
I saw the U23s fixtures and thought out of the first 10 or so we might actually get to see a number of them , not on Everton site of course but the other clubs. I seem to have built up quite a number of free memberships of these clubs over the years, and yet I pay £30 every year and get bugger all for it from my own club.