Everton Youth Teams Thread

I missed any mention of the Man U game , are there any team and scorer details you can supply.,?
The Tranmere game is the first one I’ve seen an “official” team being given , 8 of the 16 year olds starting Campbell on at half time so good distribution of games .
As you say that’s a positive pre season so far.
Yes it was on Wednesday last week - solid 3-1 win with Tom Cannon, Isaac Price and Stan Mills all scoring. Currently all the boys are getting good pre-season game time. Will be interesting to see the line ups once the season gets going.

Yes it was on Wednesday last week - solid 3-1 win with Tom Cannon, Isaac Price and Stan Mills all scoring. Currently all the boys are getting good pre-season game time. Will be interesting to see the line ups once the season gets going.
Yep,my mistake read it as man utd won 3-1 :Blink: ,city was defo 100% 8-2 from a city backroom staff member there-I deleted the scorers give to me-so when he tells me again i will stick them here lol, but they look good and nice early game in the u18s league to play them as well, thanks for the Everton scorers in City and Man Utd game ;)

Do you know the other 2 Pre season games we have to play before the league kos

Yep,my mistake read it as man utd won 3-1 :Blink: ,city was defo 100% 8-2 from a city backroom staff member there-I deleted the scorers give to me-so when he tells me again i will stick them here lol, but they look good and nice early game in the u18s league to play them as well, thanks for the Everton scorers in City and Man Utd game ;)

Do you know the other 2 Pre season games we have to play before the league kos
It will be good to know the other scorers, after Delap. If you can post them that would be great. Either way City were very very good. They turn us over like that, yet the Everton scholars are a very strong group in themselves, just look at the results they have produced last season and this pre-season. Just shows the gulf between City and the rest.
There was a midweek game v City of Liverpool, but I believe that has been cancelled, and they have Leeds United on Saturday (at Finch)

It will be good to know the other scorers, after Delap. If you can post them that would be great. Either way City were very very good. They turn us over like that, yet the Everton scholars are a very strong group in themselves, just look at the results they have produced last season and this pre-season. Just shows the gulf between City and the rest.
There was a midweek game v City of Liverpool, but I believe that has been cancelled, and they have Leeds United on Saturday (at Finch)
Yep,City of Liverpool game off Tuesday and will do when he gets back to me,hopefully he didnt delete them as i did lol

City scorers
Delap x3
Edozie
Bobb
Hamilton
Sodje x2

City u18s were the standout team in our North division last year, it’s always a good comparison of where we are when we played them. I remember watching the highlights of the 1-1 draw at FF early this year, they were playing from the back as all their teams do and Tom Cannon picked the pocket of their captain centre back Egan -Riley to lay on the goal for Dobbin. It didn’t affect their mentality one bit, continued to play the same way and got back into it. It must be worth having a scouting dosier on their players, they’ll inevitably have to let some talented kids go at some time who’ll make it elsewhere.

City scorers
Delap x3
Edozie
Bobb
Hamilton
Sodje x2
I did watch the game in full again today (for a sanity check) and can only see 7 goals. The archive library also has the game at 7-2 City, which is recorded with the Premier League/FA and their player management database. As mentioned before still a great result for City either way. As mentioned in a later post, they were the team of the U18 Premier League North last season. If I recall correctly Delap previously played for Derby. All the makings of a great player.

City u18s were the standout team in our North division last year, it’s always a good comparison of where we are when we played them. I remember watching the highlights of the 1-1 draw at FF early this year, they were playing from the back as all their teams do and Tom Cannon picked the pocket of their captain centre back Egan -Riley to lay on the goal for Dobbin. It didn’t affect their mentality one bit, continued to play the same way and got back into it. It must be worth having a scouting dosier on their players, they’ll inevitably have to let some talented kids go at some time who’ll make it elsewhere.
You would think our coaches scouts would know everything about city's youth teams
To be able to have a reasonable opinion of there talent .your right they seem to have an abundance of riches that won't be able to break into city's 1st team .braaf looked a talent at u23s against us

You would think our coaches scouts would know everything about city's youth teams
To be able to have a reasonable opinion of there talent .your right they seem to have an abundance of riches that won't be able to break into city's 1st team .braaf looked a talent at u23s against us
Yeah , Braaf stood out in that game, gave Kyle John a bit of a run around , but of course the highlight was Branthwaite’s first goal for us !