Everton Youth Teams Thread

FINAL SCORE EVERTON 2 BLACKBURN 0 [Sambou 19/Hornby 30]

Premier League 2 - TOP 4

EVERTON 34 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES
BRIGHTON 30 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES
DERBY 29 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES
LEICESTER 27 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES

As said earlier,the next league u23s game is the u23s Derby 2 weeks tonight at Anfield 7pm ko,and LIVE on LFCTV
Before that its the final game of the u23s Prem League Cup v Sheff utd sunday at 2pm

It’s hard to knock Unsworth tactics when we’re top of the league, but it’s a shame when you’re 2-0 up at home and you replace the attacking talent of Gordon with defender Matty Foulds. I don’t particularly rate Mampala but would have liked to see him given a run up front instead of Foulds shoring up the defence, nothing to learn from that move.

It’s hard to knock Unsworth tactics when we’re top of the league, but it’s a shame when you’re 2-0 up at home and you replace the attacking talent of Gordon with defender Matty Foulds. I don’t particularly rate Mampala but would have liked to see him given a run up front instead of Foulds shoring up the defence, nothing to learn from that move.
He’s only interested in winning the league again so it looks good on the CV.
I’m pretty sure he will be gone in the summer.

He’s only interested in winning the league again so it looks good on the CV.
I’m pretty sure he will be gone in the summer.
Jeffers said in the Brighton U18’s game winning leagues doesn’t matter to them it’s all about bringing players through to the first team. I suspect Unsworth is all about the titles now.
It's a difficult balance I think.

People love to say that we don't have winners, that the club as a whole doesn't know how to win, that the young players who come through often look lost, and that there's no cohesive strategy which is applied through youth and senior football. When we try to win trophies though, and make decisions in matches with a view to actually winning them rather than everyone just having a gay old time on the pitch and bugger the consequences, people say that's not what we should be doing. I would say it's likely that in senior football the players will often have games where they're asked to shore up and see it through at 2-0.
Does it not make some sense then, to get them used to that, and not have them coming into the first team having spent 10 years in a system where they've always been told not to worry about the result?