Everton Youth Teams Thread

Gomez was out for a season with a bad injury but he and fry in defence look suspect.

Id expect / hope Holgate comes in for one of them and Davies for Onomah.

Solanke shouldn't be in the side....

Dowell I think would be better centrally and lookman on the right

..Solanke will play, Zat, for the same reason Oxlade-Chamberlain is playing for England now even though he couldn't get a game for Arsenal. I think there might be an experiment in trying to keep the group of World Cup winners together.

Think I enjoyed our U23s game against Chelsea more than that game. Not a lot we didn't know about our boys tonight. I thought Lookman did ok, he kept going right until the end and tracks back well at international level, still raw at times but great assist for goal that DCL took well. Some nice touches by Dowell first half, then the all to common fading in the second half. I wish Dowell would look to take a short pass from Cook more, Cook dominates the passing at times and while he's a decent player Dowell's subtle touches would be more effective if he was on the ball more. I thought Kenny was a bit subdued going forward, sound defensively though.

Please provide us with match reports @LostBrummie

Really hope Harry gives him a chance, as said we think you will love him.

Will do, I get to prob 75% of games home and away and he sounds like exactly what we were missing so I definitely expect him to get a run, if not for the first couple as there will be some bigger names he will need to displace (though the bigger names aren't very good so won't take much, Craig Gardner)

Thanks all for the replies

DIqLhM-W0AQXG6l.jpg:large

Think I enjoyed our U23s game against Chelsea more than that game. Not a lot we didn't know about our boys tonight. I thought Lookman did ok, he kept going right until the end and tracks back well at international level, still raw at times but great assist for goal that DCL took well. Some nice touches by Dowell first half, then the all to common fading in the second half. I wish Dowell would look to take a short pass from Cook more, Cook dominates the passing at times and while he's a decent player Dowell's subtle touches would be more effective if he was on the ball more. I thought Kenny was a bit subdued going forward, sound defensively though.

Regarding Dowell I can envisage him as an impact sub for Everton at first given your observation about not being able to sustain his levels of excellence over 90 minutes. Thoughts?

Will do, I get to prob 75% of games home and away and he sounds like exactly what we were missing so I definitely expect him to get a run, if not for the first couple as there will be some bigger names he will need to displace (though the bigger names aren't very good so won't take much, Craig Gardner)

Thanks all for the replies
Cheers mate. We have a separate thread for the on loan lads here https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/young-efc-players-out-on-loan-17-18.97943/

Regarding Dowell I can envisage him as an impact sub for Everton at first given your observation about not being able to sustain his levels of excellence over 90 minutes. Thoughts?
I see those two things as being different in respect if Dowell. He is certainly the type of player you would love to see as an impact sub who could open up a tight defence at the end of a game. But I'm hoping that during the Forest loan he will improve his stamina by playing more full games at this level and also his concentration to keep involved for 90 mins. In the last Forest game he played 90 mins for the first time for ages, as he hadn't played full matches for England in the summer or us preseason.