Everton Youth Teams Thread

Not only because they play for Liverpool but I don't know what Solanke does...and Gomez was better at Charlton.

Cook, Kenny and Lookman the pick of the England players for me, Ramselaar for Holland.

Not only because they play for Liverpool but I don't know what Solanke does...and Gomez was better at Charlton.

Cook, Kenny and Lookman the pick of the England players for me, Ramselaar for Holland.

...Gomez and Solanke were men amongst boys in their own age group but as they get older the other kids catch up. I wonder if Gomez might play more ar RB for the Reds and Solanke must be ahead of Origi in the pecking order.

DCL - ran about a lot, scored a good goal, subbed in second half
Lookman - had some nice runs and poor control, faded in second half and seems to be lacking in the confidence he showed last season. Could do with taking some Pienaar (footballing) lessons on shielding the ball and winning fouls.
Dowell - again some nice runs but mostly without end product. Could be better defensively.
Kenny - maybe some questions for their goal (not blocking cross) but otherwise steady defensive performance with some good runs down the wing (sadly mostly ignored).

Taking blue specs off, I still thought Gomez, Onomah and Solanke were poor, apart from being 'big units'. Chilwell seems to have regressed to the point I'm glad we never went in for him. Cook would be a lovely midfielder if he was better on the ball.
That's exactly the problem when he plays for us. He's not good enough to start. Still got lots of potential tho.
As you say, on this performance you can see why Lookman is not being played in the first team. His touch and control atm is way off the level it needs to be. Maybe confidence, maybe second-season syndrome.

For me Bergwijn was the best player on the pitch. And Frenkie de Jong(ajax)didnt play his best game but he's the one with the most potential.

...Gomez and Solanke were men amongst boys in their own age group but as they get older the other kids catch up. I wonder if Gomez might play more ar RB for the Reds and Solanke must be ahead of Origi in the pecking order.

Gomez was out for a season with a bad injury but he and fry in defence look suspect.

Id expect / hope Holgate comes in for one of them and Davies for Onomah.

Solanke shouldn't be in the side....

Dowell I think would be better centrally and lookman on the right