Everton Youth Teams Thread

everton go 2-1 down on 83,
even a 2-1 win for everton would not have been good enough to sent them through,a win for bilbao gives them a massive chance of been one of the best 2nd placed teams

....disappointing, perhaps this competition is a reality check.
Obviously don't know how the game went. Though they have done really well this year. They also seem to throw a few games away. It's a learning process I guess.

No disrespect to these players. But I don't see much of a future for some of the players tonight like jones, grant niasse maybe even browning

I'm not one to quote Jamie Redknapp, but I thought his latest piece for the Mail was pertinent to this thread:

"I was watching my youngest son Beau play for Chelsea against Manchester City Under 8s the other day. The standard was unbelievable, but what also stood out was the number of Scouse accents among the parents on the touchline.

City's recruitment drive for the best young talent is the talk of football and they are clearly trying to tie up the North West region."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-right-son-Man-City-United.html#ixzz4TX3W0qDC

I'm not one to quote Jamie Redknapp, but I thought his latest piece for the Mail was pertinent to this thread:

"I was watching my youngest son Beau play for Chelsea against Manchester City Under 8s the other day. The standard was unbelievable, but what also stood out was the number of Scouse accents among the parents on the touchline.

City's recruitment drive for the best young talent is the talk of football and they are clearly trying to tie up the North West region."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-right-son-Man-City-United.html#ixzz4TX3W0qDC

What a name to give your son!

Obviously don't know how the game went. Though they have done really well this year. They also seem to throw a few games away. It's a learning process I guess.

No disrespect to these players. But I don't see much of a future for some of the players tonight like jones, grant niasse maybe even browning

Think half the team looks interesting, other half not so much

Didn't see the game but you would think scoring a pen and going 2-0 up would have made a big difference.

...but overall the results have been very poor. This is a high-profile competition and we have been found wanting despite doing well in domestic leagues. It is disappointing and might be a reality check on the number of quality players coming through.