Everton Youth Teams Thread

HI Zat, sorry for the slow reply Christmas festivities and all that.

Of the list above the aspiration will be to have them all involved. Instinct tells me that so many breaking through is unusual and having seen them some have a better chance than others.
To take each of them. Kenny has an outside chance., Holgate I expect to stay. Galloway is really struggling, if he can't get a game for West Brom that is very telling. Connolly needs to grow into himself, I felt he looked a bit nervous when he came on, so I am doubtful over him (Kenny has a better chance).

Davies I think will be a Premier League football. Walsh is a very talented lad and probably the hardest to predict. IN his age group he's the most talented player we have, but very small. You hear odd bits of information and whispers he may get close, but we will have to see.

Dowell needs to rediscover his form and not become too disheartened. I like Calvert Lewin but a lot may depend on the strikers we bring in and how quickly they settle.

Why do you think Galloway is struggling? Just because Pulis isnt playing him or from what he was like after he played in the first eleven?

(note pulis has loaned 3 young lads in the past couple of years and not played them, one of whom is now a german international).

Why do you think Galloway is struggling? Just because Pulis isnt playing him or from what he was like after he played in the first eleven?

(note pulis has loaned 3 young lads in the past couple of years and not played them, one of whom is now a german international).

It's just a gut feeling I have. I am biased with Galloway in that I have never really seen what the fuss was about. I think he lacks the physicality to play inside and hasn't got the intelligence of Holgate (or Stones) had when they first broke through. For us I thought he had 2-3 good games and the rest I thought he was average at best.

What's happened at West Brom has re-enforced that for me. As always I certainly hope I'm proven wrong.

It's just a gut feeling I have. I am biased with Galloway in that I have never really seen what the fuss was about. I think he lacks the physicality to play inside and hasn't got the intelligence of Holgate (or Stones) had when they first broke through. For us I thought he had 2-3 good games and the rest I thought he was average at best.

What's happened at West Brom has re-enforced that for me. As always I certainly hope I'm proven wrong.

He's looked pretty similar to Holgate for me, but Galloway was thrown in for 10+ games wasnt he? So didnt have a breather.

If he is 'average' then he can only improve as hes still 20 and would be good as a bench option imo

its everywhere now that hes coming to us early next week...

We don't need to sign a winger when you have Michael Donohue at the club. For some reason Unsworth won't play him, but we don't have a player like him at that can do what he does. Very exciting prospect with a professional attitude.

If he leaves and goes else where, big mistake by Everton.

We don't need to sign a winger when you have Michael Donohue at the club. For some reason Unsworth won't play him, but we don't have a player like him at that can do what he does. Very exciting prospect with a professional attitude.

If he leaves and goes else where, big mistake by Everton.
I was wondering what was going on with him. Been impressed whenever I've seen him play, puts in a good cross and very, very fast.

....he's a Southport lad. I fear that loans at Stockport and now Southport are not a good sign for the lads future at Everton.
Yeah National league is not great but it's game time for him and I guess better than not even getting into the U23s squad. It would seem a few more loans to come in the next few weeks.
I wonder if the move to "U23s" age group has changed the thinking in that we will hold onto youngsters for longer, maybe give them an extra year. But it does clog up the system with promising ex u18s like Brewster , Broadhead, Holland and the previously mentioned Donahue unable to get into the squad. From their same year weve had Davies, Connolly, and Dowell getting first team minutes , Walsh hopefully not far behind, so four from one intake is "phenomenal " , managing those other promising but not so good players with loans etc is also something we need to do well.

Yeah National league is not great but it's game time for him and I guess better than not even getting into the U23s squad. It would seem a few more loans to come in the next few weeks.
I wonder if the move to "U23s" age group has changed the thinking in that we will hold onto youngsters for longer, maybe give them an extra year. But it does clog up the system with promising ex u18s like Brewster , Broadhead, Holland and the previously mentioned Donahue unable to get into the squad. From their same year weve had Davies, Connolly, and Dowell getting first team minutes , Walsh hopefully not far behind, so four from one intake is "phenomenal " , managing those other promising but not so good players with loans etc is also something we need to do well.

...I just think the standard isn't good enough for a 19 year old with top flight prospects. I honestly see lads in the Liverpool Sunday Premier League at that level and whilst they are decent I fear it's a sign that Brewster isn't up to it.