Everton Youth Teams Thread

James Vaughan to take up the Head of Youth recruitment position as we aim to be more agressive in finding UK talent.

Something Moshiri should have prioritised when he arrived and we wouldnt be in such a mess.

Anyone familiar with the youth teams know if this is a good appointment?

James Vaughan to take up the Head of Youth recruitment position as we aim to be more agressive in finding UK talent.

Something Moshiri should have prioritised when he arrived and we wouldnt be in such a mess.

Hate to be cynical but seems like Jobs for the boys rather than finding best person available. Hope to be proved wrong

Hate to be cynical but seems like Jobs for the boys rather than finding best person available. Hope to be proved wrong

Think it used to be but not sure now. Someone who follows the youth teams may know a bit more about how good the appointment is

Wondering if its him pushing the recent potential youth signings from Ireland.

Unless you’re an insider it can be difficult to know exactly what our structure is. Under Thelwell we have Dan Purdy as “Head of Recruitment “ , I therefore assume that Vaughan as Head of Youth Recruitment will report to Purdy. It was rumoured recently that Martin Waldron may have been coming back into this Youth recruitment role so I guess that ones now dead.

We also have Dan Rice who’s Head of Emerging Talent ( 16. - 21 years) who we got from Southampton , Gareth Prosser as Academy Director ( Unsworth’s old role years ago), and various Scouts at Academy level . Don’t ask me whom reports to whom .

Anyway, Vaughan seems to have done a good job as Loans Manager , our loans last season ( Branthwaite, Cannon, Simms , Dobbin etc ) worked better than we’ve had for years so I assume he was part of that . Don’t let the negativity around just about everything to do with our club taint all the things we do .

Unless you’re an insider it can be difficult to know exactly what our structure is. Under Thelwell we have Dan Purdy as “Head of Recruitment “ , I therefore assume that Vaughan as Head of Youth Recruitment will report to Purdy. It was rumoured recently that Martin Waldron may have been coming back into this Youth recruitment role so I guess that ones now dead.

We also have Dan Rice who’s Head of Emerging Talent ( 16. - 21 years) who we got from Southampton , Gareth Prosser as Academy Director ( Unsworth’s old role years ago), and various Scouts at Academy level . Don’t ask me whom reports to whom .

Anyway, Vaughan seems to have done a good job as Loans Manager , our loans last season ( Branthwaite, Cannon, Simms , Dobbin etc ) worked better than we’ve had for years so I assume he was part of that . Don’t let the negativity around just about everything to do with our club taint all the things we do .

Cheers. I do think we do much better with loans now than we did under Unsworth, that period was a disgrace.

I thought it was Rice's job to bring in quality at youth level? Unless Vaughan is looking at u16's? Or Vaughan is UK and Ireland based, with Rice elsewhere. Otherwise sounds like the same job with different titles

Either way the fact that the secret scout is saying we will be more agressive with youth recruitment is a big plus. Should have bern done years ago.

What are people seeing in kouyate that I'm not? He's regularly anonymous at u21 level.
Just offers something different to what we have , raw fast getting stronger does the unexpected .
Don't think getting put up front on his own is doing him any good either, different system with others up top would help
I think there is a player in there.
About the only player we have were you get a bit of excitement when he gets the ball.
All the other young lads are neat and tidy but don't really get you thinking go on go at them.
Maybe I am just starved of watching an unexciting bunch.
Dobbin looked stifled at times playing for us think he is suffering the same way .

Cheers. I do think we do much better with loans now than we did under Unsworth, that period was a disgrace.

I thought it was Rice's job to bring in quality at youth level? Unless Vaughan is looking at u16's? Or Vaughan is UK and Ireland based, with Rice elsewhere. Otherwise sounds like the same job with different titles

Either way the fact that the secret scout is saying we will be more agressive with youth recruitment is a big plus. Should have bern done years ago.
Yep, it’s not clear is it , particularly as Dan Rice made his name bringing in youngsters at Southampton and it was indicated at the time that his key role was recruitment in the 16-21 age group. This is essentially getting players from other clubs as opposed to them coming into our Academy before they’re 16. Oh well, at least a distraction from first team woes.