Everton Youth Teams Thread

Hard to tell who scored that first Whitaker, Welch or an og , Whitaker didn’t seem to celebrate in his usual way.
Okoronkwo is getting better and better, very promising for an 18 year old.
Mills is too good for u21s .
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Cannon going out on loan in Jan for some real game experience, would Okoronkwo be the next in line for that starting cf place?

Wouldn’t surprise me to see Cannon going out on loan in Jan for some real game experience, would Okoronkwo be the next in line for that starting cf place?
Yep Okoronkwo is the obvious choice if Cannon goes on loan, although he has played wide left at times . That’s the other side of loans, the opportunities it creates for others coming through.

It’s seems to be all change this season mate, we beat Braga 5-0 in the previous round . It’s a strange competition in some ways, designed to give u21 teams exposure to foreign u21 sides , but all matches are home matches for the English clubs who only play foreign teams in the group stage . We’re playing PSG u21s next, as we‘re currently topping the group , 2 wins from 2 , then another win will likely see us through , top 2 to go through to knockout stage.

I know some European leagues like Spain allow “ B” teams, but I’m not sure which leagues have youngsters playing open-age.
German U23 (which I think are effectively their B teams) play open age football. Not exactly sure on the rules but think they can only go up to 3rd division and not the top 2 leagues. Not sure though.

Rumoured to be watching Lewis Pirie a 15 year old who scored 4 for Aberdeen u16s the other day

….apparently plenty of other teams in the queue.

EA5BFC5E-2BBA-47E2-B84A-E9DAC18B369F.png

….others will know more, but I have a feeling that most deals under Brands were 2 years. I think we might have seen a few 5 year contracts and plenty of 3 year deals under Thelwell.
It seems sensible to me. Two years means players must be looking around after a year.

Don’t generally want contracts that are too long either.