Everton Youth Teams Thread

It’s down as “ PL2 and their equivalent european leagues” and allows u23s , the British teams seem to be u21 , i don’t know enough really about the foreign teams .

….we have struggled in previous seasons against foreign youth teams. I was under the impression the foreign youngsters play in open-age leagues in their own country.

….we have struggled in previous seasons against foreign youth teams. I was under the impression the foreign youngsters play in open-age leagues in their own country.
It’s seems to be all change this season mate, we beat Braga 5-0 in the previous round . It’s a strange competition in some ways, designed to give u21 teams exposure to foreign u21 sides , but all matches are home matches for the English clubs who only play foreign teams in the group stage . We’re playing PSG u21s next, as we‘re currently topping the group , 2 wins from 2 , then another win will likely see us through , top 2 to go through to knockout stage.

I know some European leagues like Spain allow “ B” teams, but I’m not sure which leagues have youngsters playing open-age.

Anyone seen much of Ethan Galbraith from United? He's currently on loan at Salford and getting motm most games. Scored another better last night.

Same age as Garner so they must know each other. Would hope we would be interested to take a point if United decide to sell like they usually do.

Anyone seen much of Ethan Galbraith from United? He's currently on loan at Salford and getting motm most games. Scored another better last night.

Same age as Garner so they must know each other. Would hope we would be interested to take a point if United decide to sell like they usually do.

playing league 2 at 21, 22 when next season starts. doubt we'll be interested

I believe, not 100% sure, that when he left us at 16 it was too late for him to sign a Scholarship with City, so he was in limbo for a wee while until he turned 17 ( Sept) and could negotiate a Pro deal. I wouldn’t hold much weight to Romano’s words, when he first left he was headlining him as “ Scottish wonderkid” no doubt after he’d googled the name and picked up he’d been in a Scotland squad once .

I wouldn’t say he was “ Stolen” . There were a few posts on a City fan forum at the time from someone who claimed to know the family and described how the family were big City fans and that Lawrence was , in his view, enticed originally from City by our offers of foreign tournaments and other things. It was in their view an obvious move for the family to want him to return to City. We’ll be entitled to a “ development fee “, whether that fee ever becomes public knowledge is doubtful.

Good luck to him, he’s a very talented player, City can be a difficult team for a youngster to break into, who knows we could pick him up again in three years or so.

I believe, not 100% sure, that when he left us at 16 it was too late for him to sign a Scholarship with City, so he was in limbo for a wee while until he turned 17 ( Sept) and could negotiate a Pro deal. I wouldn’t hold much weight to Romano’s words, when he first left he was headlining him as “ Scottish wonderkid” no doubt after he’d googled the name and picked up he’d been in a Scotland squad once .

I wouldn’t say he was “ Stolen” . There were a few posts on a City fan forum at the time from someone who claimed to know the family and described how the family were big City fans and that Lawrence was , in his view, enticed originally from City by our offers of foreign tournaments and other things. It was in their view an obvious move for the family to want him to return to City. We’ll be entitled to a “ development fee “, whether that fee ever becomes public knowledge is doubtful.

Good luck to him, he’s a very talented player, City can be a difficult team for a youngster to break into, who knows we could pick him up again in three years or so.
How good is he in terms of the players we have produced in the last 10 years?

Is he on a Gordon, Barkley, Davies level in terms of having the potential to become a regular or is he a Jonjoe Kenny squad player and nothing more?

Going to assume he isn’t a rooney level

How good is he in terms of the players we have produced in the last 10 years?

Is he on a Gordon, Barkley, Davies level in terms of having the potential to become a regular or is he a Jonjoe Kenny squad player and nothing more?

Going to assume he isn’t a rooney level
At this stage of his development and age he’s somewhere between the next Rooney and Freddy Adu.

Don't think we even get any compo for Lawrence. Probably looking at the fact that Lewis is getting minutes for City and fancying it. City have a ridiculous amount of forwards like Ndala, Oreilly and Borges already though so it's a gamble for him even at youth level.