Everton Youth Teams Thread

I'm not one to get carried away by youth potential but the more I see of Kenny the more convinced I am that he'll be a Premiership player. Needs to get opportunities next season.
Lookman also looks like he has something. He carries a real threat and keeps getting into scoring positions. Still a way off though. Needs to take more of his chances.
Dowell has a quality left foot but doesn't impose himself enough.
DCL for me just hasn't yet shown anything that suggests he'll ever be Prem level.

I always thought dowell would be in his early 20's before he made his breakthrough.

A lot of young players who get chances in the prem. are fast wingers or strikers. And most have dropped down the division with a couple of years. Look at Ibe, I know he's still in the prem but he was going to be better than sterling, now he can't get a game for Bournemouth.

Thing is dowell is not a speed merchant or a winger, and he couldn't play centre mid. He is a proper number 10 for me. And there's not many number 10's playing for top teams on a regular basis at 19/20.

The great thing was that our three who played really well , Kenny, Dowell and Lookman did so by doing the things we've seen them do before but doing more of them. Kenny was just a constant live wire in attack and defended well too, at last Dowell is starting to do what we know he can do consistently throughout the game , no fading out . Lookman built on his last game , tricky feet , good going forward and again was impressed with his work rate, he's potentially a cracking player with a bit more training to add to his natural talent. DCL struggled a bit to make an impact I thought and I think will struggle to maintain a starting place but offers enough off the bench.