Everton Youth Teams Thread

I can kind of see Koeman liking Walsh actually. It may just take him til next season or so to start getting a look in, as bedding in two youngsters in the same position as once could be a bit much. Walsh is quite similar in stature and style to Clasie, who Koeman loves.

You may be right. To be honest we have a very full squad now and no more meaningless games. I doubt we bring in anymore from our academy this season and to be honest he brought up 4 (calvert-lewin, holgate, davies and lookman) and that is a large number to begin with. My guess is the next group (Walsh, Dowell, Evans, Foulds, Pennington) will get another run out next preseason and in the early cup and possibly european matches. I think next year we will have a deep enough squad where we can rest a bunch of regulars and still field a team of youths/veterans to get by the first few rounds.

Ideally with the next gen of our academy looking promising and closer to professional football, I would like to see Koeman buy to improve the first 11 and fill out a few of our bench spots with the academy. The younger guys will keep our wage bill manageable (although this is less of a concern) and they shouldn't put up as much of a fuss riding the bench like a vet or former starter.

Unfortunately I don't think that was the case, as I've said Unsworth nailed his colours to the mast last season. I think he was spot on and Koeman has eventually used a few of them but there's 3 or more that could step up that haven't had a look in. Let's see if he uses them in the coming months instead of the dead wood we've got in the squad.

It was a sudden change of heart from Koeman to start blooding the youngsters but I think the reason he let Cleverley go was that he saw Davies and decided he was a better option.

FA Youth cup tonight away to Preston, looks to be a strong team

Everton ‏@Everton
#EFCU18 team (v @pnefc): Pierce, Morris, Harrington, Denny, Lees, Feeney, Bramall, Kiersey, Lavery, Hornby, Moore.

Baningime on the bench after playing U23s Monday, Evans out on loan are only two missing.

FA Youth cup tonight away to Preston, looks to be a strong team

Everton ‏@Everton
#EFCU18 team (v @pnefc): Pierce, Morris, Harrington, Denny, Lees, Feeney, Bramall, Kiersey, Lavery, Hornby, Moore.

Baningime on the bench after playing U23s Monday, Evans out on loan are only two missing.

....well, my view is that a good run in this competition is a reflection that at least one good player is in the team. If we win it, we could have goodun. I'd prefer Baningime to play tonight than Monday. He could be very good. I like the look of Fraser Hornby as well. Fingers crossed.

Agreed. I'd rather us go big and sign someone like Leon Bailey (young player of the year in Belgium, plays like Raheem Sterling) or Alexander Isak (17 year old Swedish striker already scoring in top division) who fill positions we are weak in than 28 year old established players.

Just like to point out the fact that Steve Walsh seems to read my posts and act on them :)

Bailey and Isak both heavily linked with us now.

Has there been a top class scouse keeper in the last 30 years? Can't think of one.

Maybe 2-11 Scouse and a foreign keeper :)
Well we could field a 2 -11 team of current, I.e this season, England internationals in 16-21 age range, which is not bad:
Kenny, Galloway, Holgate, Connolly; Davies, Alex Denny; Lookman , Dowell, Evans; Calvert-Lewin. Spot the missing current non-England player who we all rate.