Everton Youth Teams Thread

Well we could field a 2 -11 team of current, I.e this season, England internationals in 16-21 age range, which is not bad:
Kenny, Galloway, Holgate, Connolly; Davies, Alex Denny; Lookman , Dowell, Evans; Calvert-Lewin. Spot the missing current non-England player who we all rate.
And its even more surprising considering how well he did at Yeovil

It says on the OS that Osman is watching the game alongside Unsworth and Ebbrell - I wonder if he is planning to join the youth coaching staff?

It says on the OS that Osman is watching the game alongside Unsworth and Ebbrell - I wonder if he is planning to join the youth coaching staff?
Hibbert and osman were there,and supposedly if right,left just before the 90 mins ended [and not to get a drink]

9 mins left before pens

Preston 0 Everton 0 after extra time,pens it is

Preston score 1st pen 1-0 [Howard]
everton make it 1-1 [Kiersey]
Preston score 2-1 [ Meulensteen]
Everton score 2-2 [Hornby]
Preston score 3-2 [Earl]
Everton score 3-3 [ Baningime]
preston miss [keeper saves it]
Everton miss -[Mamapala hits it over]
Preston score 4-3,everton need to score

Last edited:
Preston 0 Everton 0 after extra time,pens it is

Preston score 1st pen 1-0 [Howard]
everton make it 1-1 [Kiersey]
Preston score 2-1 [ Meulensteen]
Everton score 2-2 [Hornby]
Preston score 3-2 [Earl]
Everton score 3-3 [ Baningime]
preston miss [keeper saves it]
Everton miss -[Mamapala hits it over]
Preston score 4-3,everton need to score
Liam Morris makes it 4-4 after 5pens
preston score 5-4 [Goalkeeper Callum Roberts]
everton score 5-5 Denny]
Preston miss [Pierce saves preston pen from Stead]
Harrington miss [saved-that was to win it]
Burgoyne scores for preston 6-5
Feeney slots home for EFC 6-6
preston 7-6
Collins misses everton are out

preston win shoot out 7-6 and face afc wimbledon on feb 4th in next round

Last edited:

I would expect them to be able to beat rubbish like Preston. I guess the whole point though is to find and develop 1st teamers like Davies.
Yep, and this time last year ish they got beaten 1-0 at home to Aston Villa. ... Davies, Connolly and Dowell played that night and subsequently made their PL debuts months later so who knows. Disappointing though however you look at it, they've beaten far better teams than Preston this season.

I went to watch that last night.

We were bad, if any of them are playing premiership football this time next year it will be a miracle.

I dunno, we've performed poorly the last few years but our record of bringing players through to the first team or of them having proffessional careers at a lower level is very good.

I dunno, we've performed poorly the last few years but our record of bringing players through to the first team or of them having proffessional careers at a lower level is very good.

...increasingly the players who are making an impact on the first team are youngsters we are bringing in. More specifically, Stones, Holgate, Calvert-Lewin and Galloway. Davies obviously is an exception but as @blueloon says, he played in last years defeat to Aston Villa.