Everton Youth Teams Thread

I was disappointed with dowell. Does seem to be firing this season. Apart from one excellent run down the line, he was quite sloppy at times.
Maybe he needs a loan, as he missed out last year, with his early season injury.

I thought we controlled most of the game. They only looked threatening from set pieces. Was disappointed he brought jones on for dowell instead of another attacker. Unsworth does seem a bit negative at times

...Dowell's not full on but he can really pick a pass. A couple of times he sublimely slid balls in behind the back four to good affect. Unsworth brought him off which is probably because he wasn't busy enough, it's difficult to see RK wanting to use him but there is talent there. Sometimes players like him link better with better players but he might find it difficult to breakthrough at Everton.

I know, depressing isn't it. We'd have been hard pressed to have picked a worse manager than Koeman for utilising and developing our young players.

I made a thread on this subject.
My worry is the Moshiri takeover has kind of pushed the academy down the list of priorities; the route for a first team debut is going to be increasingly harder especially with our supposed squad overhaul and Koeman's attitude to youth.

Big worry for me.

I made a thread on this subject.
My worry is the Moshiri takeover has kind of pushed the academy down the list of priorities; the route for a first team debut is going to be increasingly harder especially with our supposed squad overhaul and Koeman's attitude to youth.

Big worry for me.

very worrying especially when you see them improve the squad, get rid of their dirt and give young players a chance. still not completely sure what walshes full role is but he needs to be encouraging koeman to be giving our young players more opportunities.

You're talking like we've produced world class players on a regular basis. The only brilliant player we've produced in the last 30 years, is Wayne Rooney.

it's not just about world class players though is it BB, it's about producing 1st team players and we ain't done too bad over the years with the likes of Osman, Hibbert, Ball, Dunne, Jeffers, Anichebe, Vaughan and that's without even mentioning a few who still gone and made a living or still making a living like Forshaw, OKane, Ledson, Duffy.

Surely it's worth giving a kid a go in place of what you know your going to get Cleverley, McCarthy, Gibson etc. Forshaw for example, never got a sniff yet he doesn't look out of place in the Boro midfield.

Of course some will never be good enough as there's no guarantee any of them will be but we won't know unless we give them a go instead of picking the same old crap that we know offer us absolutely nothing.

it's not just about world class players though is it BB, it's about producing 1st team players and we ain't done too bad over the years with the likes of Osman, Hibbert, Ball, Dunne, Jeffers, Anichebe, Vaughan and that's without even mentioning a few who still gone and made a living or still making a living like Forshaw, OKane, Ledson, Duffy.

Surely it's worth giving a kid a go in place of what you know your going to get Cleverley, McCarthy, Gibson etc. Forshaw for example, never got a sniff yet he doesn't look out of place in the Boro midfield.

Of course some will never be good enough as there's no guarantee any of them will be but we won't know unless we give them a go instead of picking the same old crap that we know offer us absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be giving them a go, but the way people are on here is like we have another 10 Rooneys waiting.
Watching the U23's, the only players who remotely ready for a stint in the 1st team are Holgate and Walsh. Davies is near, but still has a lot to learn in reading the game. He'd do well playing the odd game.

We're in a position that we haven't been in since the Moores days. It's nice to bring through youth players, but we can afford to go out and get proven quality.

People have to realise, the United 92 team was a one off. You'll never get a group of players come through, all together like that again.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be giving them a go, but the way people are on here is like we have another 10 Rooneys waiting.
Watching the U23's, the only players who remotely ready for a stint in the 1st team are Holgate and Walsh. Davies is near, but still has a lot to learn in reading the game. He'd do well playing the odd game.

We're in a position that we haven't been in since the Moores days. It's nice to bring through youth players, but we can afford to go out and get proven quality.

People have to realise, the United 92 team was a one off. You'll never get a group of players come through, all together like that again.

nonsense no one is talking like that, we want players with potential given a chance to prove it and develop with first team games just like klopp and pochettino are doing despite being able to afford buying quality players too.
should be a lot easier for us too cos we cant attract the big names either.

The reality is that Koeman was enticed to us by Moshiri's millions not the fact we have the best group of youngsters for a long time. So it was always going to be this way, and if we were in the top 4 I would shrug my shoulders and live with it.

The disappointment for me is that RK doesn't appear to be hands on in moving the youngsters up. For instance all the back four from Monday night have played PL minutes at some time, as a top class coach he should be capable of taking the likes of Connolly and Kenny and saying these are your weaknesses , when you play in my team I want you to be in this position, move this way , play the ball this way etc. Kenny said a month ago he hadn't even had a proper conversation with him.

None of that back four stand out the way Stones did, but very few defenders do at 19/20 , but you can see the progression Holgate, Kenny and Connolly have made even since last season . It looks to me that their future progression lies with Unsworth and the loan system. But the optimist in me hopes that one or two of them will be given a chance in whatever circumstances.

I think you will see the youngsters get more of a go - Davies has had game time this year and so has Holgate. I also imagine that if Galloway had been here he would have had some time at left back. Still think its a bit early for Connolly but think Kenny does deserve a chance. Coleman isnt the same player he was three years ago going forwards and although he has improved on his 1-1 defending he still gets caught out with balls played to the back post ball watching and through balls put through between him and the right sided centre-half.
Been really disappointed that Dowell hasnt kicked on as I thought he would - dont think his languid running style does him any favours either as he doesnt look like he is putting himself around. Really hope that we get to see Liam Walsh at some point.