Everton Youth Teams Thread

Didn't we lose a 15 year old to City 17 months ago , think somebody mentioned it on here. The " St Bede's" bit was always an attractive part of their approach I recall, seems they pay the fees even if the player doesn't make it.
I think we lost a 14year old. Corrigan I think his name was.

I saw him on Twitter a while back and his early tweets we're him playing for us. Then next thing he's playing for city. He must be 16/17 now i don't think he was in their under 18's last week

I think we lost a 14year old. Corrigan I think his name was.

I saw him on Twitter a while back and his early tweets we're him playing for us. Then next thing he's playing for city. He must be 16/17 now i don't think he was in their under 18's last week

I think someone said that we lost a player or two...but one of them (at least) was looking to leave city in the summer

image.jpeg

Perhaps the environment at Everton is not the right place for some of these young players to flourish.

Unsworth is always very quick to criticise the players, but never attributes any weaknesses of the team down to him.

We have all seen a very talented crop of young players come through the Academy in the last several years with the expectation that a few will be in our first team.

Hugh credit to Sheedy, Paul Tait, Shaun Lundun, John Doolan etc who have nurtured our talent in the Academy, yet at this level they are falling short.

The graphic says it all.....

5th placed EVERTON U18S on 20 points and unbeaten in 10 games since 1st 3 defeats of the season,play 6th placed Newcastle who have 6 defeats from last 7 games with 12.30ko,they have 16 points,a win for everton will move them 4th if theres a loser in the Blackburn v liverpool game which kos at 11am,and liverpool lead with 25 to go v 10 men blackburn

EVERTON TEAM

Renshaw,Feeney,Harrington,Lees,Morris,Kiersey,Denny,Bramall,Ball,Evans, Lavery
subs: Moore,Duke-Mckenna,Pierce,Mampala,Collins

next game for u18s is away to derby next week provided toon game not before then,the u23s play monday at the saints,at the min our lads are top,but man city will go back top if they win,and city lead 1-0 v chelsea u23s-they scored right on ht with there only shot on target

man city u23s conceed a 89th min goal to draw 2-2 and remain 1 point behind everton u23s,everton can go at least 3 points clear monday night with a win at the saints,Liverpool play 2nd bottom derby 23s monday night

TOP 3

EVERTON 22 POINTS FROM 10 GAMES
MAN CITY 21 POINTS FROM 11 GAMES
LIVERPOOL 19 POINTS FROM 10 GAMES

So , while the rest of GOT goes into fume meltdown wonderland, at least this thread remains relatively sane , even the posts I disagree with usually have a reasonable argument attached. Any way , the U23s are away to Southampton tonight and we know from previous years that they usually show the game on their YouTube channel. Somebody will find it and post here I'm sure. The Saints site has two previews of the game , nothing on ours yet.
What can we expect team wise? Well I'm likely to join the meltdown if we play the likes of Gibson, Cleverly, Oviedo to give them game time. Rather I'm hoping Unsy will field his strongest team with a pre match talk that includes "If you can't do better than that pile of shoite yesterday you don't deserve to be in my team. This is your chance to impress RK.... yes I know he's gone back home. Anyway we're top of the league we need to fight to keep there."

I was intrigued that Fraser Hornby wasn't in the u18 squad on Saturday, injured possibly but maybe a promotion to the U23s squad given his recent performances. Nice if it happens. Otherwise I'm expecting a strong defence , Davies and Walsh midfield, Calvert-Lewin up front and maybe somebody who shone in the defeat to Hertha Berlin also included. I'm hoping for Broadhead to be included , as I stated in earlier posts he and Ben Woodburn of the RS were the stars of the recent Wales U19s games. I'll accept that you can't always use age group games as an indicator , but .....Woodburn came on in the 90th minute for his RS PL debut on Saturday, Broadhead is yet to play in the PL 2 U23s league for us. Woodburn looked class for Wales, but Broadhead wasn't that far behind him, quite a contrast in their club experiences.

Hopefully a good performance tonight will lift some of the gloom , but I suspect " I told you so" is likely to be the main phrase afterwards, either to prove certain players are or are not ready. And I'm hoping my birthday present of a Chromecast will allow me to watch the match on the big screen!

So , while the rest of GOT goes into fume meltdown wonderland, at least this thread remains relatively sane , even the posts I disagree with usually have a reasonable argument attached. Any way , the U23s are away to Southampton tonight and we know from previous years that they usually show the game on their YouTube channel. Somebody will find it and post here I'm sure. The Saints site has two previews of the game , nothing on ours yet.
What can we expect team wise? Well I'm likely to join the meltdown if we play the likes of Gibson, Cleverly, Oviedo to give them game time. Rather I'm hoping Unsy will field his strongest team with a pre match talk that includes "If you can't do better than that pile of shoite yesterday you don't deserve to be in my team. This is your chance to impress RK.... yes I know he's gone back home. Anyway we're top of the league we need to fight to keep there."

I was intrigued that Fraser Hornby wasn't in the u18 squad on Saturday, injured possibly but maybe a promotion to the U23s squad given his recent performances. Nice if it happens. Otherwise I'm expecting a strong defence , Davies and Walsh midfield, Calvert-Lewin up front and maybe somebody who shone in the defeat to Hertha Berlin also included. I'm hoping for Broadhead to be included , as I stated in earlier posts he and Ben Woodburn of the RS were the stars of the recent Wales U19s games. I'll accept that you can't always use age group games as an indicator , but .....Woodburn came on in the 90th minute for his RS PL debut on Saturday, Broadhead is yet to play in the PL 2 U23s league for us. Woodburn looked class for Wales, but Broadhead wasn't that far behind him, quite a contrast in their club experiences.

Hopefully a good performance tonight will lift some of the gloom , but I suspect " I told you so" is likely to be the main phrase afterwards, either to prove certain players are or are not ready. And I'm hoping my birthday present of a Chromecast will allow me to watch the match on the big screen!

think you're out of luck there, by all accounts no one deserves another run out.