Everton Youth Teams Thread

I keep out of the "manager debate" it depresses me too much, but it's all in stark contrast to what we read about and discuss in this thread from the u18/u21 managers .

Sheedy and Jevons had those youngsters in Dallas playing some cracking innovative football. They looked sharp when attacking , played a pressing game when needed , defended like disciplined professional when they needed to see out the game. I can hazard a guess as to how he lined up his players last Saturday in the u18 win. 3 defenders ?, 3 midfield ,? 4 attack minded players ? Could have been total football .

Unsy seems more defensive minded than attack for the u21s in the past , but he has his moments too of trying different things e.g. He played Dowell centrally a few games ago, and tonight this bit about Evans took me by surprise.
"Evans, who was deployed as the main striker on the night, ....." You could argue that these two managers have less to lose , but this kind of different thinking from Sheedy and Unsy is a breath of fresh air in our club at the moment.

I keep out of the "manager debate" it depresses me too much, but it's all in stark contrast to what we read about and discuss in this thread from the u18/u21 managers .

Sheedy and Jevons had those youngsters in Dallas playing some cracking innovative football. They looked sharp when attacking , played a pressing game when needed , defended like disciplined professional when they needed to see out the game. I can hazard a guess as to how he lined up his players last Saturday in the u18 win. 3 defenders ?, 3 midfield ,? 4 attack minded players ? Could have been total football .

Unsy seems more defensive minded than attack for the u21s in the past , but he has his moments too of trying different things e.g. He played Dowell centrally a few games ago, and tonight this bit about Evans took me by surprise.
"Evans, who was deployed as the main striker on the night, ....." You could argue that these two managers have less to lose , but this kind of different thinking from Sheedy and Unsy is a breath of fresh air in our club at the moment.

....I think Dowell is viewed as a future no10.

Highlights of the U21 game here

Dowell looks really good from the bits it shows of him.

He really is looking like he is pushing on, seems a cut above in the highlights (albeit highlights). confident, ability on the ball and good technique hitting the ball.

Surely has to be given a chance, we aren't going down - if we go out the cup and have nothing left to play for, why not blood him and maybe give Evans a few tasters of the bench. Show the young lads they'll get a chance, because right now for all Roberto's "golden Youth" statement i am yet to see many get their chance.

The cups should have been a perfect time to blood them against league 2/1 opposition.

He really is looking like he is pushing on, seems a cut above in the highlights (albeit highlights). confident, ability on the ball and good technique hitting the ball.

Surely has to be given a chance, we aren't going down - if we go out the cup and have nothing left to play for, why not blood him and maybe give Evans a few tasters of the bench. Show the young lads they'll get a chance, because right now for all Roberto's "golden Youth" statement i am yet to see many get their chance.

The cups should have been a perfect time to blood them against league 2/1 opposition.
ya the league is pretty much a write off at this stage so would love to see a couple of these guys get bench and game time before the seasons out.what a great reward it would be for them plus it sends out the message work hard train hard and play to the best of your ability and you will get your shot.

ya the league is pretty much a write off at this stage so would love to see a couple of these guys get bench and game time before the seasons out.what a great reward it would be for them plus it sends out the message work hard train hard and play to the best of your ability and you will get your shot.

Definitely mate - one thing which has really bothered me about Martinez is he talks a great game about youth and our set up, but gives no opportunities.

The league season is dead, give some of them game time. I would give Dowell some time, definitely put Evans on the bench and look at one or two others. firstly show the young lads that there is a path to the first team, show the first team these young hungry and talented lads are biting your heels and let them flourish.

I think there is 3 or 4 who would make the step up and push on, if we have nothing left to play for - why not give them the opportunity.

Definitely mate - one thing which has really bothered me about Martinez is he talks a great game about youth and our set up, but gives no opportunities.

The league season is dead, give some of them game time. I would give Dowell some time, definitely put Evans on the bench and look at one or two others. firstly show the young lads that there is a path to the first team, show the first team these young hungry and talented lads are biting your heels and let them flourish.

I think there is 3 or 4 who would make the step up and push on, if we have nothing left to play for - why not give them the opportunity.
Said this the other day, man unt have played think its 14 of there kids at some stage this year, we are not playing well, may as well give a few kids a bit of a go, dowell, ecr might get shot down here but I would give Brewster a few minutes here and there as well, young bit raw but his energy and eye for goal could give us something we don't have at present.

Said this the other day, man unt have played think its 14 of there kids at some stage this year, we are not playing well, may as well give a few kids a bit of a go, dowell, might get shot down here but I would give Brewster a few minutes here and there as well, young bit raw but his energy and eye for goal could give us something we don't have at present.

I think he would work a damn bit harder then some other players near the first team. I think he is miles away form the first team, in ability and probably the clubs eyes... but we are playing for F all in the league, its not like we are fighting for extra place like we used to for finances - even though we budget for a top 8 finish, lets be honest thats not happening.

play some of the youth, give Dowell a go, let Evans cut his teeth, let Joe Williams have a little go. If ledson, walsh, kenny where still here i would have give them a crack too. They would work a damn sight harder then some in the team.

I think he would work a damn bit harder then some other players near the first team. I think he is miles away form the first team, in ability and probably the clubs eyes... but we are playing for F all in the league, its not like we are fighting for extra place like we used to for finances - even though we budget for a top 8 finish, lets be honest thats not happening.

play some of the youth, give Dowell a go, let Evans cut his teeth, let Joe Williams have a little go. If ledson, walsh, kenny where still here i would have give them a crack too. They would work a damn sight harder then some in the team.
Agree with you mate, I know he is not ready yet but for say 15 minutes got to be worth a look at and it would give the other kids a bit of a target as well to aim fo the for

Agree with you mate, I know he is not ready yet but for say 15 minutes got to be worth a look at and it would give the other kids a bit of a target as well to aim fo the for

Totally see the merit in it - in particular a reward for his goals in the Dallas cup, get him on the bench and give him a taste. I just feel our youth players don't have a route at the moment and for all the praise and building up from the manager, he doesnt promote them.

We have nothing to play for in the league - bring them in

Have to wonder how many players there are in academies/youth teams/on loan in lower leagues that could make the step up if given the chance. Rashford, Kane, Coquelin have all become mainstays in the first team recently. Don't know about Rashford but neither Kane nor Coquelin looked anything particularly special while out on loan either.