Everton Youth Teams Thread

It's a weird competition, isn't it? Really good for what it is, but not really sure what it exactly is. List of winners is pretty strong though--seems like it takes something extra to get it done in 8 days, and I'm guessing that's what separates th sides.

I am not sure if it is a weird competition but it certainly isn't the norm for teams that come over to participate in it. The value for the Super Group teams is that they get to play against teams from all over the world which makes them have to cope with different styles of football.

Your squad this year was not nearly as talented as the one you brought to last years tournament. You didn't have anyone at the level of Ledson, Davies and some others. However, your lot didn't waiver from how they wanted to play and put out some great team performances.

It is hard not to be impressed with Brewster, but his game is all about pace, strength and service. I'm not completely convinced he will make it at the highest level but he is miles ahead of those in this age group.

For me, your #5, Alex Denny, has the biggest upside of anyone on the squad you brought here. He has size, pace and sees the game well beyond his 15 years. However, he has bunches of competition within the club in the middle of the park. Could see him becoming a great center half down the road if he doesn't make it as a midfielder.

Your boys have done Everton proud and were no doubt the class of the tournament. It is not easy to play that many games in such a short period of time - but no doubt the best team is taking home the trophy.

Well done - I know all of the local folks enjoyed seeing this side play and hope to have Everton back in the years to come.

Just caught up with the news as I'm on holiday.... What a great result our Young Blues, very promising Future ahead.

I've noticed there was noticeable absences from the squad such as Evans, Feeney, Myers, Bainbridge. Does anyone know why this was the case?

I am not sure if it is a weird competition but it certainly isn't the norm for teams that come over to participate in it. The value for the Super Group teams is that they get to play against teams from all over the world which makes them have to cope with different styles of football.

Your squad this year was not nearly as talented as the one you brought to last years tournament. You didn't have anyone at the level of Ledson, Davies and some others. However, your lot didn't waiver from how they wanted to play and put out some great team performances.

It is hard not to be impressed with Brewster, but his game is all about pace, strength and service. I'm not completely convinced he will make it at the highest level but he is miles ahead of those in this age group.

For me, your #5, Alex Denny, has the biggest upside of anyone on the squad you brought here. He has size, pace and sees the game well beyond his 15 years. However, he has bunches of competition within the club in the middle of the park. Could see him becoming a great center half down the road if he doesn't make it as a midfielder.

Your boys have done Everton proud and were no doubt the class of the tournament. It is not easy to play that many games in such a short period of time - but no doubt the best team is taking home the trophy.

Well done - I know all of the local folks enjoyed seeing this side play and hope to have Everton back in the years to come.

Cheers--by weird I mean it's not a normal competitive structure. Maybe "normal" for US travel teams, but for competitive academies across the world this doesn't seem to be how they regularly train and compete. Still a great competition in every regard, but as Eggs said above it's hard to tell exactly what you're seeing. I've only watched this year vs Tigres and last year vs River Plate, so I've missed quite a few matches but agree that last year both teams were far better (River and Everton), but still very happy for the lads to see it through this year.

Your squad this year was not nearly as talented as the one you brought to last years tournament. You didn't have anyone at the level of Ledson, Davies and some others.
Yep that's a fair point , last year's squad was studded with age group internationals, names that had become familiar as our next generation and the average age was much older. But for me it helped me enjoy the tournament even more that only a few were familiar like Brewster, Broadhead and Yates, and seen only a bit of Baningime , Lees and Kiersey. The unfamiarity was actually enjoyable , peering at a grainy computer screen required a big focus, get familiar with faces, body shapes, numbers , what position they were playing so I could guess who was on the ball when it was on the far side of the pitch. Who knows if any will make it, but things like "discovering" the potential talent of Denny is part of the fun with watching our youngsters .

Echo picks out Brewser, Broadhead and Yates to focus on from the Dallas cup
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...ws/evertons-dallas-cup-winners-three-11103415
Yates had a poor U17/18 World Cup for England in Chile last Autumn, and looked nothing like the player who'd linked up so well with Holland for the U17s in previous games. He also didn't seem to feature as often at u18/u21 for us this season either. It must have hurt not to be with England u18s with Holland, Davies and Evans but fair play to him he played every minute, gave it his all and looked to be back to his best again. A tough ask though, with Kenny and even Connolly ahead of him at RB.

Just caught up with the news as I'm on holiday.... What a great result our Young Blues, very promising Future ahead.

I've noticed there was noticeable absences from the squad such as Evans, Feeney, Myers, Bainbridge. Does anyone know why this was the case?

...Evans scored for England, I'm not sure if others were on international duty.

Didnt know Phil Jevons was back at the club in a coaching capacity until this Dallas Cup started and was reading about it. How long has he been back with us? I am sure he ended up having a decent career in the lower leagues and he must now be older than I thought he was which makes me feel older as I remember when he was coming through the ranks.

Didnt know Phil Jevons was back at the club in a coaching capacity until this Dallas Cup started and was reading about it. How long has he been back with us? I am sure he ended up having a decent career in the lower leagues and he must now be older than I thought he was which makes me feel older as I remember when he was coming through the ranks.