Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton Under-21s' Papa John’s Trophy last-32 clash with Mansfield Town will take place on Wednesday 30 November (7pm GMT) at Goodison Park.
Hopefully this is streamed , those who’ve gone out to Australia are back ok and we put out a strong team. We’re not going to win it but it’ll be great experience for them to get as many matches in as possible against men‘s teams .

Everton Under-21s' Papa John’s Trophy last-32 clash with Mansfield Town will take place on Wednesday 30 November (7pm GMT) at Goodison Park.
Hopefully this is streamed , those who’ve gone out to Australia are back ok and we put out a strong team. We’re not going to win it but it’ll be great experience for them to get as many matches in as possible against men‘s teams .
Has the been a squad list issued so we know who has gone to oz?
Seen a few photos just

There‘s another job vacancy just appeared , Head of Emerging Talent .

To be honest I’ve lost track of who does what when it comes to recruiting / scouting operations , but this looks like a very key role in identifying and recruiting the best talent between 16/19 in the UK , and abroad for the older age groups. It’s a big document , I’ve cut n pasted a few of the interesting bits and highlighted some important pieces.

“ We now have an extremely exciting opportunity for a strategic and dynamic leader to join us as Head of Emerging Talent.

As Head of Emerging Talent, you will work closely with our Director of Football, Academy Director, Head of Recruitment, Manager of Scouting & Operations and Head of Academy Recruitment to establish, maintain and analyse a comprehensive and effective strategy focused on identifying and recruiting exceptional players within the emerging talent bracket (players aged 16 to 19 with first team potential).

The domestic market will be a mainstay within this role, identifying and recruiting the best homegrown players from Category 2 and 3 Academies, as well as being alert to opportunities within Category 1 Academies.

Using your expertise, you will service Men’s First Team succession planning as well as the U18 to U21 age group, establishing and implementing a coverage strategy within the appropriate markets; monitoring, scrutinising and evolving post-implementation.

• The domestic market will be a mainstay within this role, identifying and recruiting the best homegrown players from Category 2 and 3 Academies, as well as being alert to opportunities within Category 1 Academies. The regulations introduced post-Brexit will also allow us to be proactive in overseas markets at 18-19 with the mindset of creating future first team players and first team succession planning.

• Vast experience of Talent ID.
  • Experience of developing and executing recruitment strategies.
  • Experience within a lead role in an Academy football setting, or a similar role.

There‘s another job vacancy just appeared , Head of Emerging Talent .

To be honest I’ve lost track of who does what when it comes to recruiting / scouting operations , but this looks like a very key role in identifying and recruiting the best talent between 16/19 in the UK , and abroad for the older age groups. It’s a big document , I’ve cut n pasted a few of the interesting bits and highlighted some important pieces.

“ We now have an extremely exciting opportunity for a strategic and dynamic leader to join us as Head of Emerging Talent.

As Head of Emerging Talent, you will work closely with our Director of Football, Academy Director, Head of Recruitment, Manager of Scouting & Operations and Head of Academy Recruitment to establish, maintain and analyse a comprehensive and effective strategy focused on identifying and recruiting exceptional players within the emerging talent bracket (players aged 16 to 19 with first team potential).

The domestic market will be a mainstay within this role, identifying and recruiting the best homegrown players from Category 2 and 3 Academies, as well as being alert to opportunities within Category 1 Academies.

Using your expertise, you will service Men’s First Team succession planning as well as the U18 to U21 age group, establishing and implementing a coverage strategy within the appropriate markets; monitoring, scrutinising and evolving post-implementation.

• The domestic market will be a mainstay within this role, identifying and recruiting the best homegrown players from Category 2 and 3 Academies, as well as being alert to opportunities within Category 1 Academies. The regulations introduced post-Brexit will also allow us to be proactive in overseas markets at 18-19 with the mindset of creating future first team players and first team succession planning.

• Vast experience of Talent ID.
  • Experience of developing and executing recruitment strategies.
  • Experience within a lead role in an Academy football setting, or a similar role.

I'll go for that job, I've got an NVQ level 2 coaching little brats so I'm well over qualified already as far as I'm concerned

Basically all you do is report to the Director of football, who tells you to report to the Head of recruitment who sends you down the corridor to the manager of scouting who tells you to send a message to the Head of academy who tells you to go back to the Director of Football and see how many sugars he wants in his tea which is verified by the Manager of scouting who works under the head of recruitment but above the head of Academy who only likes sweeteners and not sugar which the Director of Football didn't know about when he was recruiting the Head of academy.

I'll go for that job, I've got an NVQ level 2 coaching little brats so I'm well over qualified already as far as I'm concerned

Basically all you do is report to the Director of football, who tells you to report to the Head of recruitment who sends you down the corridor to the manager of scouting who tells you to send a message to the Head of academy who tells you to go back to the Director of Football and see how many sugars he wants in his tea which is verified by the Manager of scouting who works under the head of recruitment but above the head of Academy who only likes sweeteners and not sugar which the Director of Football didn't know about when he was recruiting the Head of academy.

…reads to me like the club are after somebody who can poach rather than coach. A person good at identifying talent at other Academies & bringing them to Everton.

…reads to me like the club are after somebody who can poach rather than coach. A person good at identifying talent at other Academies & bringing them to Everton.
Yep , that was my read, and if we get it right an important role. There’s a focus on the Cat2, Cat3 categories ie smaller clubs who don’t have our facilities to make Cat1 but often have talented players , a bit of poaching from Cat 1 clubs if the opportunity arises , as well as looking at foreign players 18/19. I would believe that they have already identified potential candidates, the quality of the appointment may tell us more . There are many clubs who currently do this far better than us , including the RS and Southampton , identifying is one thing getting them is another but there’s a feel that we’re moving in the right direction.