Everton Youth Teams Thread

Unfortunately I missed last night's game. 6-0 against league opposition, no matter how they are doing is a startling result. Was it a case of us being brilliant or them being poor, or a mixture of both? And who stood out for us? The in-form Mills and Cannon seem to dominate the official report.
It would be hard to fault anybody last night , even Leban caught the ball, well most of the time. So many of the “ older “ players have stepped up a gear this season, Cannon, Hunt, McAllister , Quirk in particular, Whitaker looks more like the player of old and Mills continuing to show his class. The back four were rarely troubled , Ishe Samuels-Smith looked very composed at left back and was able to venture forward more than I’ve seen him do before.

It would be hard to fault anybody last night , even Leban caught the ball, well most of the time. So many of the “ older “ players have stepped up a gear this season, Cannon, Hunt, McAllister , Quirk in particular, Whitaker looks more like the player of old and Mills continuing to show his class. The back four were rarely troubled , Ishe Samuels-Smith looked very composed at left back and was able to venture forward more than I’ve seen him do before.
Thanks for that, good to hear that so many impressed.

Especially glad that Whittaker is improving - he was someone I always enjoyed watching pre-injury.

I see a few people have praised Quirk, so I look forward to seeing his improvement soon.

Mckenzie Hunt didn't seem to be getting anywhere not so long ago - I've enjoyed some of his play this year so good to see him continuing to improve. Was he in midfield?

I've only caught glimpses of Samuels-Smith so hope to see him remain at this level so I can see more of him.

Not surprised about Cannon and Mills - the players of the season so far for me.

Personal opinion of course but before this season he had technique but was more of a link man up top; very neat, good shooter, kept attacks going but didn't score loads. This season his work rate has gone through the roof and he looks quicker. He's a clever forward, big fan now. Obviously an enormous step up.

He definitely looks a lot quicker doesn't he. Maybe that extra spring in his step is a big dose of confidence

10th placed Everton u18s as always are back in action tomorrow, this time home v 2nd bottom Newcastle, with a 12.30ko, 9men Everton u18s off course lost midweek in what was the 1st of 5 home games from 6 in the league
---------------------
At 2pm It's the u23s league Derby as 4th placed Everton are away looking for their 4th away win from 5 in the league this season, Everton last won the Derby 3 and a half years ago at Anfield, as ever the game is not Live due to Prem league games going on