Everton Youth Teams Thread

I have no idea if we have lads who are good enough.

My point is that any young lad with confidence and ability should fancy getting into this side because we are abysmal and short of quality in every area.

Its not like breaking into the Man City team is it?

But that's the point, you can't say any anyone with even a little bit of ability will make it here when they aren't.

Patterson, never gets used. Branthwaite, reluctantly gets used. Dobbin, Onyango, token subs place for Price etc. They're not making it and they have more than just a little bit of ability. There's only been Gordon and he's had to force his way in.

No youngster will be looking at the first team and thinking "if I keep plugging away I will make it"

But that's the point, you can't say any anyone with even a little bit of ability will make it here when they aren't.

Patterson, never gets used. Branthwaite, reluctantly gets used. Dobbin, Onyango, token subs place for Price etc. They're not making it and they have more than just a little bit of ability. There's only been Gordon and he's had to force his way in.

No youngster will be looking at the first team and thinking "if I keep plugging away I will make it"
I think we've lacked ability at youth level for a while. I dont see players comfortable with the ball in tight spaces. Hopefully we have a bit more to work with going forward.

The problem is right now we are in a relegation fight and need urgent points. We arent in the position to build anything sustainable right now.

But whatever happens this year, we need to back all these kids next year. If we go down then they have to be who we rely on to get us back. If we stay up, they need to given runs in the team to prove themselves.

But right now, i get why we cant do it.

I just dont agree there are no prospects here. If you are good enough, then you will stand out a mile, because most players we have are clearly nowhere near good enough.

I think we've lacked ability at youth level for a while. I dont see players comfortable with the ball in tight spaces. Hopefully we have a bit more to work with going forward.

The problem is right now we are in a relegation fight and need urgent points. We arent in the position to build anything sustainable right now.

But whatever happens this year, we need to back all these kids next year. If we go down then they have to be who we rely on to get us back. If we stay up, they need to given runs in the team to prove themselves.

But right now, i get why we cant do it.

I just dont agree there are no prospects here. If you are good enough, then you will stand out a mile, because most players we have are clearly nowhere near good enough.

I'm hard on the academy kids I see because I just trust my viewers instinct on a player and I'm pretty black/white when rating them. I think some of them would be useful with us in the Championship, more less so if we stay up. Players like Dobbin, Onyango, Mills should all be in the matchday squads IMO and be trusted. Lampard has set his stall out now trusting experience to save us and it's not working.

I just personally can see why the likes of Lawrence, maybe Sherif, Samuel-Smith etc. might follow Small to brighter pastures home or abroad. We don't scream "we will develop you" right now.

I'm hard on the academy kids I see because I just trust my viewers instinct on a player and I'm pretty black/white when rating them. I think some of them would be useful with us in the Championship, more less so if we stay up. Players like Dobbin, Onyango, Mills should all be in the matchday squads IMO and be trusted. Lampard has set his stall out now trusting experience to save us and it's not working.

I just personally can see why the likes of Lawrence, maybe Sherif, Samuel-Smith etc. might follow Small to brighter pastures home or abroad. We don't scream "we will develop you" right now.
Onyango is the one who looks most ready to me, but he seems to pick up injuries at the wrong time.

The counter point to your argument is that Small is no closer to playing top flight football at Southampton than he was here. And in fact would have maybe had opportunities and a pathway with Digne being sold.

Onyango is the one who looks most ready to me, but he seems to pick up injuries at the wrong time.

The counter point to your argument is that Small is no closer to playing top flight football at Southampton than he was here. And in fact would have maybe had opportunities and a pathway with Digne being sold.

That's hindsight. When he left he was behind Digne & Nkounkou and you can't blame the lad for thinking he's not got much chance.

Southampton have a greater track record of trusting their young players than we do.

Would be some year if we managed to get a double relegation

AUWXN1n.png
Crikey, last time I looked we were about 9/10 , above the RS, I thought comfortable from relegation and time to play the u18s . We’ve just gone to blllocks . As @Ring master says the Chelsea game is going to be significant , a real relegation six-pointer , they could by then get ahead of us with a win.

How has Unsworth taken our U23s from Champions to strugglers in 4 seasons?
I was talking to a few of are kids a few months a go , 4 of them under 18 's who I am obviously not going to name, asked them what it was like behind the scenes , they all to a man said its [Poor language removed], no clear plan , to many favourites getting games over others that were getting fed up, and said a few shouldn't be at the club as they were obviously not good enough .
Said you wouldn't believe how bad it was , all said Paul Tait was the only one they had any faith in.
They asked me what I thought of the team as I said I watched them when I got the chance , I said to be honest the system looks to rigid and not set up to let you express yourself, which I think they should be doing at that age.
They all agreed , said it was frustrating for them, to be honest the are a credit to the club very well mannered.
Something needs to change behind the scenes to get players like this excited about the club.

it would be extremely fitting if the firsts and u23s got relegated (the ladies too but 1 team is so bad they're safe) in the same season, just reward to the incompetence throughout the club which starts at the top.

4th placed Everton u18s are away to 3rd placed Blackburn who are 9 points ahead of Everton, so a win for Everton will keep them 4th, The KO is 1pm

Everton Team (TBC)

Graham, Samuels-Smith, Wilson, Qunityne, Wright, Apter, Djankpata, Barker, Heath, Smirkle-James, Lawrence,
Subs Nash, Tierney, Sherif, Cahill, Beaumount-Clark

Half Time
Blackburn u18s 0 Everton u18s 0

Djankpata has gone close, and Lawrence had good chance blocked, one saved, and one volley just wide, during that 1st half

Final Score
Blackburn u18s 0 Everton u18s 1 (We had more late chances to seal the win)

Everton make it 2 away wins in a row for the 1st time since April/May Last Year, when they won 3 in a row, Wolves away who we play away this Saturday morning with an 11.30am ko was one of the 3 teams in that run - Today was also our 3rd 1-0 away win in 6 away games