Everton Youth Teams Thread

Franny Jeffers is in talks over leaving Everton for a coaching role with Ipswich Town

The 40-year-old is part of David Unsworth's under-23s backroom staff but now looks set for a move into the senior game.

Ipswich, who recently went through a £40m takeover by US firm Gamechanger 20 Ltd, are managed by Paul Cook and the Liverpool-born boss is keen to add Jeffers to his ranks.

Jeffers was on the touchline for Everton u-23s' final Premier League 2 game of the season on Friday night against Southampton, but reports today say the former Blues' striker has spent the last 48 hours in Ipswich.

Talks are on-going between Jeffers, Everton and Ipswich but the former England international appears set on a move to the League One outfit.

Jeffers was part of Duncan Ferguson's backroom staff when took caretaker charge of Everton in December 2019.

I must admit I’ve always liked Callum Connolly without ever being convinced he was first team material. I remember when he first appeared for England U17s and scored two goals from left back, he always had a knack of scoring 5 or 6 goals a season by appearing unmarked in the box to head home or prod goals in. Shame of it was he could play across all four back positions without ever appearing to be outstanding in any one . Good luck to him, he’s the kind of player who can eventually settle into a Championship team , then who knows .

Here is the final u23s Table for the season, after man utd lost 3-1 at home to Derby last night in the final game, 5th place was confirmed for Everton u23s

View attachment 126847
It shows how quickly things can change, Leicester always seemed to be one of the better U23s teams and were 2nd in last season‘s shortened league, now relegated. The same happened to Man Utd a few years ago going from Champions to relegation over a few years. 5th place is a decent finish for us.

It shows how quickly things can change, Leicester always seemed to be one of the better U23s teams and were 2nd in last season‘s shortened league, now relegated. The same happened to Man Utd a few years ago going from Champions to relegation over a few years. 5th place is a decent finish for us.
Yep, Leicester had the chance to save themselves last night with a win, but off course didnt

Talented goalkeeper Jack Barrett has signed a one-year contract extension with Everton.

Formby-born Barrett has been rewarded with a new deal having made consistent and impressive progress since joining the Blues’ Academy aged nine.

The 18-year-old stopper says the expert coaching and supportive environment at the Club has been central to his development.

Barrett has enjoyed a maiden campaign in the Toffees’ Under-23s squad in 2020/21 – and is eyeing a regular place in David Unsworth’s side next season.

A lifelong Evertonian, Barrett revealed the deep pride he feels in representing his boyhood team.

“I joined Everton when I was very young and I’ve always supported the Club, so I’m made up to be staying,” he told evertonfc.com.

“I’ve been here for so long but sometimes I do come into USM Finch Farm and think, ‘Wow, I’m playing for Everton, that’s mad’. Myself and my family are so proud I’m here.

“Everyone at Everton has looked after me well and helped me through each age group. I’ve worked with [goalkeeping coach] Kevin O’Brien for a number of years and he has been a big influence.

“All the other keepers are great, too. We push each other and we all want the best for each other.

“It’s a very good atmosphere. All the players get on very well and we all enjoy being part of this club.

“Next season, I just want to keep improving and try to play as many games as I can.”

Franny Jeffers is in talks over leaving Everton for a coaching role with Ipswich Town

The 40-year-old is part of David Unsworth's under-23s backroom staff but now looks set for a move into the senior game.

Ipswich, who recently went through a £40m takeover by US firm Gamechanger 20 Ltd, are managed by Paul Cook and the Liverpool-born boss is keen to add Jeffers to his ranks.

Jeffers was on the touchline for Everton u-23s' final Premier League 2 game of the season on Friday night against Southampton, but reports today say the former Blues' striker has spent the last 48 hours in Ipswich.

Talks are on-going between Jeffers, Everton and Ipswich but the former England international appears set on a move to the League One outfit.

Jeffers was part of Duncan Ferguson's backroom staff when took caretaker charge of Everton in December 2019.

Let him go and get a better coach in.

Francis Jeffers has left his role as Everton Under-23s coach to take up a new position with League One side Ipswich Town.

Jeffers joins Ipswich as first-team coach and will work alongside manager Paul Cook.

Boyhood Evertonian Jeffers came through the ranks at the Blues’ Academy and went on play 82 First-Team matches for the Toffees across two spells at the Club, scoring 22 goals.

During a successful 16-year professional career, Jeffers also turned out for the likes of Arsenal, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers – and enjoyed a loan spell at Ipswich in 2007.

Upon the conclusion of his playing career, Jeffers returned to Everton to work as a youth coach at the Club’s Academy.

He was promoted to the role of Everton Under-23s coach in 2018 and became a key part of manager David Unsworth’s backroom team.

“Everton is my club – it always has been and always will be – but I am ambitious and this opportunity is too good for me to turn down,” Jeffers told evertonfc.com.

“Everton gave me my break as a player and then again as a coach and I will always be so grateful for those chances.

“Wherever my coaching career takes me, my heart will always be here at Everton.

“I have loved every second of working with Unsy, John Ebbrell and all the staff at USM Finch Farm and I wish them well for the future.

“It’s a bright future, that’s for sure, because there’s a very exciting and talented crop of young players coming through now.

“As for my new challenge, Ipswich Town is too big a club to be in League One and I am looking forward to helping the team to get back to where it belongs.

“I’ve been a big admirer of Paul Cook and his work for many years and to now be a part of his backroom team is very exciting.

“I’ve played at Portman Road and there’s a passionate fanbase that is desperate to see the good days back and I want to be a part of bringing those days back.”

“I’m excited by the future but obviously there’s a sadness at leaving Everton – but that’s football and you have to follow the opportunities.”

Francis Jeffers has left his role as Everton Under-23s coach to take up a new position with League One side Ipswich Town.

Jeffers joins Ipswich as first-team coach and will work alongside manager Paul Cook.

Boyhood Evertonian Jeffers came through the ranks at the Blues’ Academy and went on play 82 First-Team matches for the Toffees across two spells at the Club, scoring 22 goals.

During a successful 16-year professional career, Jeffers also turned out for the likes of Arsenal, Sheffield Wednesday and Blackburn Rovers – and enjoyed a loan spell at Ipswich in 2007.

Upon the conclusion of his playing career, Jeffers returned to Everton to work as a youth coach at the Club’s Academy.

He was promoted to the role of Everton Under-23s coach in 2018 and became a key part of manager David Unsworth’s backroom team.

“Everton is my club – it always has been and always will be – but I am ambitious and this opportunity is too good for me to turn down,” Jeffers told evertonfc.com.

“Everton gave me my break as a player and then again as a coach and I will always be so grateful for those chances.

“I have loved every second of working with Unsy, John Ebbrell and all the staff at USM Finch Farm and I wish them well for the future.

“It’s a bright future, that’s for sure, because there’s a very exciting and talented crop of young players coming through now.

“As for my new challenge, Ipswich Town is too big a club to be in League One and I am looking forward to helping the team to get back to where it belongs.

“I’ve been a big admirer of Paul Cook and his work for many years and to now be a part of his backroom team is very exciting.

“I’ve played at Portman Road and there’s a passionate fanbase that is desperate to see the good days back and I want to be a part of bringing those days back.”

“I’m excited by the future but obviously there’s a sadness at leaving Everton – but that’s football and you have to follow the opportunities.”

Should have been sacked years ago

Farewell you jug eared knobhead