Everton Youth Teams Thread

Leban was excellent in both those games. Garcia just makes me laugh - he's such a niggly little player and so quick. Plus two gilt-edged missed chances and a penalty not awarded in this game.
Some of our players looked like they were just bouncing off the Chelsea lads but they kept going. Thought Chelsea's tackling technique and use of the body was pretty good.
Garcia's miss control about 3 times led to that winner lol , though off course it was an error from Keeper

I'll put more up a bit later,but thought it was anothe great display and we deserved the win overall from chances created. A couple of new names that caught my eye.

Campbell, just 16 in defence I thought was excellent. And Whittaker really impresses me in midfield. Reminds me a bit of Anthony Gordon, a clever player, good paser, works hard and has a yard of pace.

....I keep banging on that this competition is a great benchmark & that’s two consecutive big scalps. Absolutely chuffed for the kids, it’s all about focusing on the next round now.

Chelsea seemed a little arrogant in their approach, just turn up to win. The Toffees terrific in their spirit and application.

I thought we were good value for the win too.

Pretty much every year City and Chelsea have won it for the last 6 or 7. If one didnt win it they got to the final. To have knocked both out, away from home, is a big statement. I havent looked but I'd imagine you can count on one hand the number of teams who have beaten either in recent years, never mind both in a single season.

Chelsea dispatched Villa 7-0 at the weekend for some context.

This feels the most significant moment we have had since we last got to the final to me.

Under the radar a bit, things seem to be coming together quite nicely. It was great to see Dobbin back on the pitch, he looks like hes really grown in the time he has had out.

Everton 18s next game is away to stoke Tuesday night 6.30 ko, while the u23s are away to west ham with a 4pm ko Monday - with hopefully west ham showing that game LIVE as west ham are showing their u18s Youth cup game friday night from the same Ground we play Monday - so no need to set camera's up etc

....I remember watching Paul Tait play for our Academy, a big gangly striker. He was actually in digs with a good friend of mine. He’s a smashing lad.

seems obvious but is it the same Paul Tait that used to write up match reports with ratings for Toffeeweb? Always was a great read.. sure same name.. but maybe different bloke