Everton Youth Teams Thread

...yep, remember watching Rooney playing in a Lancashire League U18 game when he was 15, it only took five minutes to know he was special. I went home, sent an e-Mail to my mate in Australia about him which he still has to this day.

i wouldn’t put Price quite in that bracket, but there were two instances in quick succession where he took the ball on the spin and spread delightful passes out wide. You know you’re watching a proper talent in those moments, it’s just whether he has the additional ammunition to go with it and he looked a decent runner, competitive and a reasonable size and frame.

I’m not sending an e-Mail to Australia but the lad is one to watch.
Watched his debut for the u,23s and he stood out a mile will definitely be keen to see how he improves

...yep, remember watching Rooney playing in a Lancashire League U18 game when he was 15, it only took five minutes to know he was special. I went home, sent an e-Mail to my mate in Australia about him which he still has to this day.

i wouldn’t put Price quite in that bracket, but there were two instances in quick succession where he took the ball on the spin and spread delightful passes out wide. You know you’re watching a proper talent in those moments, it’s just whether he has the additional ammunition to go with it and he looked a decent runner, competitive and a reasonable size and frame.

I’m not sending an e-Mail to Australia but the lad is one to watch.

I think he was asking about Isaac Heath mate, who is the year below, and a very talented lad. He's not got the build, or the height of Rooney yet (this is price) but is like watching a young Peter Beardsley. Fantastic dribbling, spacial awareness etc. To the original lad in question, given hes under 16 I'd avoid putting videos of him up. I try not to mentioned many under 16's much for that reason, but he looks a special talent.

As for Price, he's a very elegant player and "easy on the eye" as a football. As you say, takes the ball on the half turn very nicely and carries it well. He's getting better and more confident with each game and looks confident in possession. He's probably a bit similar to that Jones at Liverpool in style.

He has grown a lot over the last 18 months or so. Probably 7-8 inches in the last 2-3 years, so the hope would be he keeps going. He's already I'd estimate aorudn 180cm, so if he can get to 185cm that would be great. Then fill out a bit.

Defensively he needs a bit of work I think. Made one great tackle on Galbraith in the second half which was good to see, but teams do pass through us a fair bit. Thats understandable when you have 2 17 year olds in your midfield but an area for development.

The pleasing thing for both, is they are keeping Hughes and Iversen out of the central midfield position. They both look like central midfielders playing wide to me. I mean maybe thats on Brands orders to clear space for Price/Onyango, but to me they are there on merit and keeping two older lads out who are bigger, stronger, playing well and probably want a run in the centre of the park.

Its the u18s Derby tomorrow [11am ko] were 2nd placed Liverpool 3 points off top play 6th placed Everton, and again just like the Finch Farm game-Its NOT Live on LFCTV due to them showing the u23s game later in the day-Everton can move up one place but depends on other games

I would guess that Unsworth has been in one position or another 6/7 years now and has taken some stick in that time , not least from me on occasion with some of the formations he’s used , standard of play , not moving up players early enough for me. But full credit to him this season, the U23s is a recognisable cog in our overall wheel , show promise in the u18s and you’ll get a chance at U23s, show promise there and you’ll train with the first team , then it’s up to you.
The biggest and most welcome aspect for me has been that 6 first year scholars have got minutes at U23s so far, Price, Butterfield, Welch , Kouyate, Small, Whittaker make it seven if you include Jagne who at 17 is still technically a first year. This is unprecedented in previous years. Harsh reality says only a few of these , if any, will make it to our first team , but I have more hope now than since Martinez’s “Golden Generation “ statement started going pear shaped.

1614423373123.png