Everton Youth Teams Thread

youth thread comfortably the least hostile of any of the Everton threads.. it’s the thread that got me to sign up... just folk with a common interest in the development and success of our up and comers...all holding thumbs for that next big thing...
It's often the first threads I look for in terms of updates. Full of optimism decent conversation.

....not surprised. I posted a week or so that his time with us might come to an end with the recent CM purchases, although he played a few times on the right last season.

Yes and should open up a spot in u23s for likes of Carroll.
Still another 4 or 5 starters from the other night to find clubs, shouldn't be too hard, all solid players for championship or league 1 teams now.

I have a number of sources through family and friends, Just never really been confident enough to contribute to the conversations. After following the thread for sometime I can see that you are all a friendly bunch, hence I starting posting.
It’s great to have another source and perspective, the Club officially say very little about the u18s , virtually nil on any schoolboys breaking into the 18s, which is what it is , there‘s a sensible protection being applied to them. There‘s a good balance of opinion on this thread too.

It’s great to have another source and perspective, the Club officially say very little about the u18s , virtually nil on any schoolboys breaking into the 18s, which is what it is , there‘s a sensible protection being applied to them. There‘s a good balance of opinion on this thread too.
yep, hate the way they say they show every goal etc for one, but only seem to do the home goals from finch farm, and maybe the away goals if the oppo team have put them via there website,every u23s game should be live home or away like Leicester do for me at very worst while i would love the u18s games at home to be live for one

COVID is stopping the scouting networks as they cant attend games.
It will affect all clubs, but we’ve come off the back of a transfer ban, so difficult.
It’s hard to judge because we don’t know who we could have got but the transfer ban doesn’t really seem to have affected us. A good crop of home grown u 18s, the ability to buy outside the EFL like Sean McAllister and Seb Kristensen and getting Branthwaite straight in on a professional contract have mitigated things.
If we’re specific Id love another right back for the U23s who could challenge for the first team next season, a right footed Nkounkou would do, and maybe a 16/17 attacker to play u18 alongside Kouyate if Cannon moves up.

No mention of an extension so looks like that's him out the door.

I hope he does well and earns himself a contract with them. I think writing was on the wall last season when he didn't even make the bench when our midfield was performing awfully. He's also been tried in a number of positions which is another clue. At least its one of the 6 blockers gone hopefully we will soon find homes for Pennington, Connolly, Broadhead, Baningime and Bowler although I expect to see Baningime back as he has another year on his contract.

3rd placed Everton u18s with a win and draw the 1st 2 games return to action v Bottom placed stoke u18s who have 2 defeats from 2 at finch farm tomorrow morning 11am ko, A win could put Everton top for a few hours as 2nd placed Man city are away to Liverpool same time as us, but have won big scores at Liverpool last few times. Sankoh for Stoke who it seemed love to score v our u18s and i would have not minded here as said before in this thread actually went and signed for Stuttgart u19s think it is last month despite having trails with Chelsea a few months back

------------------------------------
Monday its 4th placed Everton u23s home to 3rd placed Derby with a 7pm ko and so far the Game wont be on Derby's website who only seem to do the streams for there home games, while Everton only seem to stream the odd game if we are Lucky and they are normally if At Goodison, so this been at southport make's it look like it wont be on Live, unless its a last minute thing

3rd placed Everton u18s with a win and draw the 1st 2 games return to action v Bottom placed stoke u18s who have 2 defeats from 2 at finch farm tomorrow morning 11am ko, A win could put Everton top for a few hours as 2nd placed Man city are away to Liverpool same time as us, but have won big scores at Liverpool last few times. Sankoh for Stoke who it seemed love to score v our u18s and i would have not minded here as said before in this thread actually went and signed for Stuttgart u19s think it is last month despite having trails with Chelsea a few months back

------------------------------------
Monday its 4th placed Everton u23s home to 3rd placed Derby with a 7pm ko and so far the Game wont be on Derby's website who only seem to do the streams for there home games, while Everton only seem to stream the odd game if we are Lucky and they are normally if At Goodison, so this been at southport make's it look like it wont be on Live, unless its a last minute thing
Thanks Ring master for your always welcome information.