Everton Youth Teams Thread

Simms could do with gping on loan and playing proper football. He and his advisors have asked and been told no.

....which is a good sign as far as I’m concerned. Kean is hardly tearing things up, so Simms has a huge opportunity to leapfrog him when he gets his chance.

Not allowing him to go on loan suggests Ancelotti is thinking he might use Simms.

....which is a good sign as far as I’m concerned. Kean is hardly tearing things up, so Simms has a huge opportunity to leapfrog him when he gets his chance.

Not allowing him to go on loan suggests Ancelotti is thinking he might use Simms.

Dont think so, think its Unsworth wanting him to stay with U23's. Bit worrying after Ledson saying club holds young players back by not allowing them to go on loan.

If Ancelotti wants him as an option though fair enough

Fine if that happens Eggs. If the lad is going to develop he needs challenging, and that means training with the senior squad, which he does, and having a few games too. It's important the latter happens too otherwise he'd be better off on loan in my opinion. I know you don't like loans but continuing to play Simms at U23 is both holding the lad back and using up a place that could be taken by players like Dobbin and Cannon, thereby holding back their development too.

Personally I think it's a year too early for Simms. I'd send him on loan and, if he does well, keep him around next year when hopefully European football gives us more opportunities to play him.

Dont think so, think its Unsworth wanting him to stay with U23's. Bit worrying after Ledson saying club holds young players back by not allowing them to go on loan.

If Ancelotti wants him as an option though fair enough

ledson talking out his hoop though, he just wasnt good enough as his career has proven

Baningime I expect will be loaned out as he has longer contract than the others. I'm hoping Adeniran and Bowler get another year and are loaned out similar to Markelo. If they do really well have another look at them next year if they do ok we will know they aren't good enough for us but it may attract buyers and both these players cost money so would be nice to recoup something. Pennington, Connolly and Broadhead I expect will leave for nominal fees. If they are loaned out they won't be coming back and I can't imagine them being offered any extension.

Baningime I expect will be loaned out as he has longer contract than the others. I'm hoping Adeniran and Bowler get another year and are loaned out similar to Markelo. If they do really well have another look at them next year if they do ok we will know they aren't good enough for us but it may attract buyers and both these players cost money so would be nice to recoup something. Pennington, Connolly and Broadhead I expect will leave for nominal fees. If they are loaned out they won't be coming back and I can't imagine them being offered any extension.

Perhaps should not hand out contracts if players aren’t good enough. It’s too easy in the past. If a player still not playing at 22 they won’t make it here. There is one Osman in like 30 years.

Perhaps should not hand out contracts if players aren’t good enough. It’s too easy in the past. If a player still not playing at 22 they won’t make it here. There is one Osman in like 30 years.

I agree but Bowler and Adeniran are a little younger that's why I would be offer one more year plus they both cost transfer fees. The 3 older players absolutely should leave and Baningime should join them but his longer contract means he will probably stay until it expires as no one will be matching that. Once this lot have gone the u23 will be trimmed down and offer decent opportunities to young players.

If the rumours of Kean departing for Juve have any credence ,( although I personally remain sceptical ), I would be more than happy for Simms to take his place in the squad.
Given that he has apparently been training with the first team this would seem the natural and expected pathway for an extremely promising young player.

Simms would be an attractive loan for many clubs, particularly in January , but he hasn’t completed a full season at U23s yet . You have to say that in his performances before lockdown and again last night he’s showed tremendous development , he no longer just a big hulk who shoved 17 year olds off the ball and scored for fun, all be it with a measure of skill at times. His pace and directness for goal , hold up play and distribution have all improved significantly. He’s still got areas that need work e.g. his heading and using his strength in the air to win balls. The balance is will he learn more with our coaches or playing against men regularly . I’d keep him until January then loan him.
A clue could come tomorrow. If he’s in the squad against Fleetwood it suggests no loan deal until at least January , to avoid the “ two clubs per season” rule - if he got an early loan that didn’t work out he couldn’t get a third club in January.