Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u23s win 3-0 [Connolly/Simms/Bowler] and move up from 11th to 4th, This was only Everton's 2nd win in 7 League games v Leicester or 2nd in 9 including 2 cup games the last few years-This was Everton's biggest league win since that 8-2 v saints last year and Leicester's biggest defeat since april last year

------------------------
Next up for Everton u23s is a game home v Derby next monday with a 7pm ko, The game is so far not down to be shown live by Derby as they usually show there home games, while Everton did actually show this game in Feb but it was at Goodison, next week its southport so very doubtful

Nice goal. He deserved that. His link up play has been very good. Seems to have added a yard of pace too. Sprinted away from that defender after he won the ball.
Bowler had a very good game, pacy with ball at his feet. If he continues at this level, he should be give a try in a cup game soon

See we had a load of old players out thete again, Unsworth is frustrating.
Might not be Unsworth's choice.

Given the fixture congestion this season in both the first team and the levels below there may have been a decision to keep the lads on the fringes at the club and let Ancelotti's staff have a proper look at them until the winter window.

I'd quite like to see a few seniors shipped out if possible and the likes of Bowler given time in and around the first team. Not necessarily playing regular but being in contention, training with them and maybe a cup game or two.

Not going to comment on the older lads as they shouldn't even be there in my opinion.

First time I've watched Onyango for a full game and I like him. Lots of skill and tricks for a big lad. Thought John did well defensively but I'd love to see him bomb on a lot more and use that blistering turn of pace he showed. Obviously under orders not to. The two centre backs and keeper did ok, but as they had 3 DMs sitting in front for protection they weren't really exposed.

Simms was my MOM. It's been a while since I watched him in a full game and I think his all round game has come on loads. Some really good link up play, and did well occupying their back two on his own. Looks a bit leaner and quicker too. Fully deserved his goal which was well taken and all his own work. I reckon he'd be prolific in a more attack minded U23 set up.

Not going to comment on the older lads as they shouldn't even be there in my opinion.

First time I've watched Onyango for a full game and I like him. Lots of skill and tricks for a big lad. Thought John did well defensively but I'd love to see him bomb on a lot more and use that blistering turn of pace he showed. Obviously under orders not to. The two centre backs and keeper did ok, but as they had 3 DMs sitting in front for protection they weren't really exposed.

Simms was my MOM. It's been a while since I watched him in a full game and I think his all round game has come on loads. Some really good link up play, and did well occupying their back two on his own. Looks a bit leaner and quicker too. Fully deserved his goal which was well taken and all his own work. I reckon he'd be prolific in a more attack minded U23 set up.

Erm, John was only on the pitch for like 10 mins? lol