Everton Youth Teams Thread

I see Manasse Mampala and Korede Adedoyin have been added to the list of players we knew were going to be released , plus Kieran Phillips once his loan at Huddersfield expires.
Adeydoyin is a bit hard done by given he was put out on a virtually impossible to predict loan at Hamilton where he had little chance of making a step up to their first team.
Sad to see him go in this way , @Nymzee and I had a friendly bet prior to the season started when I said Simms would do better for us than Adeydoin. I remember it even if he doesn’t , but not the outcome I would have wanted for Adeydoyin.

What youth players apart from the ones we have seen break through this year are highly rated to be coming through in the next few years?

What youth players apart from the ones we have seen break through this year are highly rated to be coming through in the next few years?
Tyler Onyango, Lewis Dobbin and Thierry Small are also considered to be good prospects.
This lad has certainly raised a few eyebrows from what I've heard.
Left back, tricky, like the proverbial poop off a shovel...

The two im most excited about (based on posters here and snippets) are Onyango and Small.

Onyango is 17, centre mid.

How old is Small? He looks epic on videos...

Also released were Jack Barrett, Josh Hosie and Jonathan Anderson from U18s. Sebastian Quirk has been offered a new contract. Next years U23s going to be small group so hopefully any of the more talented U18s will get a chance to move up rather than get stuck in the system. Dobbin and Onyango already moved up but I think given number of goals scored last season Cannon should be competing with Simms.

Also released were Jack Barrett, Josh Hosie and Jonathan Anderson from U18s. Sebastian Quirk has been offered a new contract. Next years U23s going to be small group so hopefully any of the more talented U18s will get a chance to move up rather than get stuck in the system. Dobbin and Onyango already moved up but I think given number of goals scored last season Cannon should be competing with Simms.
Not unexpected those, all the others have been given contracts or left already. I did wonder if Hosie may have got through on the basis we are short of right backs at U23 level. With hopefully Astley playing CB that leaves just John, Markelo shouldn’t play there again. Barrett lost the fight with Tryer for the u23 spot then fell behind Zan-Luc Leban at u18. It looks like we’ve stopped collecting a dozen young GKs and are now concentrating on quality.

Tyler Onyango, Lewis Dobbin and Thierry Small are also considered to be good prospects.
Small’s advantage is that he can quickly make the LB spot his own,I would say we have 4 other Schoolboys about to move up playing in other positions who are as exciting, plus another two with potential , but all face competition from existing u18s, some returning from injury.
It’s easy to get over excited about youngsters when even getting one per intake to 1st team standard is difficult, but this coming season demands we start getting the pathway right for talented youngsters to progress.

Small’s advantage is that he can quickly make the LB spot his own,I would say we have 4 other Schoolboys about to move up playing in other positions who are as exciting, plus another two with potential , but all face competition from existing u18s, some returning from injury.
It’s easy to get over excited about youngsters when even getting one per intake to 1st team standard is difficult, but this coming season demands we start getting the pathway right for talented youngsters to progress.

There is another lad, who plays in midfield, Broadfield or something like that who is also well thought of. Him, Small and Cho (who's now left) were all very highly rated in that age group.

I have made mention of them all a few months back, particularly Small, but you have to be careful how much you write on under 16's (for obvious reasons). Now they are under 18's I'm sure there will be a lot more discussion.

Hosie was captain, but it sort of goes to show, if you still have moved up by the end of the under 18's you will be gone. I think we've needed this more stern approach for some time now. If you don't move people on, you don't create the pathways for those who follow. It looks like we are going down the right path again now (where we were traditionally amongst the youngest in both the under 23's and under 18's).

From my understanding the 17's and particularly 16's are the strongest age group we've had for a few years. Obvious comparisons to the Dowell/Davies age group that came through probably 6/7 years ago. This is the strongest age group since then, possibly stronger.

I was thinking about that age group a bit recently. We were very close to having a number break through. The takeover and following instability happened at completely the wrong time for them. You look at Davies, Kenny, Dowell, Ledson, Walsh, Connolly, Williams, Robinson and they've all established themselves at championship level but with the exception of Kenny/Davies not much beyond that. I think it shows how close we were to having a breakthrough of 5 or 6. Maybe under a different manager, without spending all that money etc we might have seen some have more exposure at an earlier age and maybe take that opportunity.

The current 16/17's to me have a similar number of potential players, and the question becomes are we better set now to begin to integrate and develop them. While I doubt you will ever get through, it would be lovely to have 3 or 4 come through int the squad.

Any reason why Sims isn’t being given a place on the bench recently
Because the manager believes he isn't ready.

Gordon was by some distance the best player in our under age teams and even then you can see the leap in class that he has to make to play first team football.
I doubt there is anybody else close apart from Gibson who is playing adult football at Fleetwood.