Everton Youth Teams Thread

Whom?

I think we covered this a few weeks ago. A schoolboy who was previously in our u16s , got on the u18 bench early season but never played and didn’t really figure after that, not surprising for a schoolboy GK. In the Echo/ elsewhere it suggested we’d offered him a 3 year contract but he was behind young GK Jack McIntyre in pecking order. But , as far as I know , we‘re only allowed 2 year contracts at 16, and ahead of McIntyre in the u18 GK order are Zan-Luc Leban, Jack Barrett, and out in the lead Harry Tyrer . Always a shame to lose someone we’ve developed but its a shrug shoulders and move on case for me.

The Derby HOYD could be interesting they have had 4-5 youth players step up this year and a guy score a hattrick last night. Be cool if we could increase the quality of the youth products

I was startled to see 18 year old ex Everton player Max Thompson come on for Burnley tonight near the end against City. I think they had player availability issues but still startling to see him make a PL debut.
He was with us for about 18 months as a Scholar, never made any impact in his first year, started a few early games this season but was reduced to a Sub role as Dobbin and Cannon took the starting striker spots. I assume we told him he wasn’t going to get a contract and allowed him to go for trials in December and Burnley took him on. It seems he’s progressed quickly to their u23s and enhanced his reputation enough to catch Dyche’s eyes.

I was startled to see 18 year old ex Everton player Max Thompson come on for Burnley tonight near the end against City. I think they had player availability issues but still startling to see him make a PL debut.
He was with us for about 18 months as a Scholar, never made any impact in his first year, started a few early games this season but was reduced to a Sub role as Dobbin and Cannon took the starting striker spots. I assume we told him he wasn’t going to get a contract and allowed him to go for trials in December and Burnley took him on. It seems he’s progressed quickly to their u23s and enhanced his reputation enough to catch Dyche’s eyes.
I didn’t know he had left, but I thought he was highly rated when we signed him from UTD