Everton Youth Teams Thread

And, while we’re all not doing much......
What game was this picture taken at?
What was the score?
Which goal are they celebrating?
And to accusations that I need to get out more, I’ve just come in from two hours in the garden:)

There's a left back in the 16's who's well thought of. Apologies for not having the name.
There’s a couple of youngsters who ve played left back recently , Thierry Small is the u16s one who’s played up , looks like he’s got the build of a middleweight boxer , well a bit of an exaggeration, but compared to the tall , lanky ones we seem to be growing .
Im confident @Nymzee can find a picture :)

What are your thoughts on Cannon mate?
I think the stats on Cannon above , 17 goals, highlight his potential in a team where Dobbin and Onyango have been grabbing the headlines . To put into perspective Simms was barely making his mark at u18 at the same age so his goalscoring rate in his first year is impressive and he looks to be more a straight No9 who scores goals, whereas Dobbin can play across all three front positions and looks to have more pace and skill. Sometimes it’s hard to tell at u18 level if they’re scoring against poor defences but you’d have to say Cannon has done all that could be asked of him this season.

Yep , have to say though mate he went downhill after you praised him, it’s a tough one but there’s been other younger players playing LB and I don’t think he’s done enough to guaranteed a contract.

I know :( think I broke his career. I was just so excited to see an actual left-back in the academy bombing up and down the wing. I haven't seen Theirry Small in action saying that but them lot across the park always produce decent proper full-backs and aside from Kyle John ours have all been poor or centre-halves out of position.

I think the stats on Cannon above , 17 goals, highlight his potential in a team where Dobbin and Onyango have been grabbing the headlines . To put into perspective Simms was barely making his mark at u18 at the same age so his goalscoring rate in his first year is impressive and he looks to be more a straight No9 who scores goals, whereas Dobbin can play across all three front positions and looks to have more pace and skill. Sometimes it’s hard to tell at u18 level if they’re scoring against poor defences but you’d have to say Cannon has done all that could be asked of him this season.

Yes thats all fair. Reminds me a bit of Jeffers, but he's taller. He doesn't get spoken about as much as Dobbin or Koyate, but the numbers as you say are very good.

I know :( think I broke his career. I was just so excited to see an actual left-back in the academy bombing up and down the wing. I haven't seen Theirry Small in action saying that but them lot across the park always produce decent proper full-backs and aside from Kyle John ours have all been poor or centre-halves out of position.

....I’ve mentioned this before, but your post reminded me. More specifically, your phrase ‘out of position’. Many of the great full backs were converted wingers and we’ve seen it to great effect recently at Manchester United. Even Tony Hibbert was a defensive midfielder in an FA Youth Cup winning team, Jonjo Kenny is a converted CB.

Before an attacking player is discarded, it’s always worth giving then a few games at fb.

....I’ve mentioned this before, but your post reminded me. More specifically, your phrase ‘out of position’. Many of the great full backs were converted wingers and we’ve seen it to great effect recently at Manchester United. Even Tony Hibbert was a defensive midfielder in an FA Youth Cup winning team, Jonjo Kenny is a converted CB.

Before an attacking player is discarded, it’s always worth giving then a few games at fb.

Tommy D ;)

...as you know, I like Dobbin lots. Some players just look right and he’s one of those. Uncomplicated and efficient.

Physicality is a factor for these kids, especially strikers. What type of size is Cannon?