Everton Youth Teams Thread

Under 18s play an attacking style of play that scores a shed load of goals but at the same time helps develop all the players in and out of possession. They had the top scorer in the country in Simms last season as they played a style to get the best out of him add to that Gordon ,phillips., Cannon and Dobbin. When they go to the u23s it kills there development as we don't have possession of the ball with negative tactics. Phillips hasn't kicked a ball for the u23s and he ripped it up at u18 ok if he isn't up to the standard but how do we know if he doesn't play!! 6-3-1 at Chelsea is a crime against development football and develops nobody accept Chelsea's players.

Under 18s play an attacking style of play that scores a shed load of goals but at the same time helps develop all the players in and out of possession. They had the top scorer in the country in Simms last season as they played a style to get the best out of him add to that Gordon ,phillips., Cannon and Dobbin. When they go to the u23s it kills there development as we don't have possession of the ball with negative tactics. Phillips hasn't kicked a ball for the u23s and he ripped it up at u18 ok if he isn't up to the standard but how do we know if he doesn't play!! 6-3-1 at Chelsea is a crime against development football and develops nobody accept Chelsea's players.
Kieran Phillips has scored six goals in 6 games for the Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team since end of Jan on loan from us, including a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over Blackpool.,has done well to even be back playing TBF after been out for over 2 years-should be playing for Huddersfield v wigan in prem league cup tomorrow [friday]

His hattrick on here

Pen here

2 goals here

Everton u23s are in last 16 premier league cup action tomorrow home at southport v Reading u23s 2pm ko looking to get a Q/F place.
Everton won the last meeting 3-0 at home while they won 6-3 the last time Everton were away to Reading-video below
West Brom after beating Doncaster 6-1 became the 1st team through to the QF with Derby playing Middlesbrough today-there are another 3 games on monday to find out the next 3 teams, but there are also 2 games that are yet to have a date for the simple reason that certain group games are miles behind
-------------
Plus its the u23s Derby week tomorrow live on LFCTV 1pm ko - 3 Derbys next week,u18s/u23s/1st team

As said a number of times, Everton u18s next game is home at finch farm 7pm ko Tuesday v man utd Live on MUTV
while week today Everton u18s are away to Liverpool u18s 11am ko also live on LFCTV

Ive been watching man utd u18s 1st half so far away to sunderland,they are 2-0 up and the players that stand out a mile for man utd are Elanga who based on this game is very good at free kicks, hes had 1 hit the bar and rebound off keepers back,with another 3 excellent free kicks saved, while Sotona is so quick at trying to counter with stanley chipping in every so often, man utd are attacking near enough all the time down the right though the 2nd goal came from the left which was a good finish,and the rare time Sunderland do attack they are going mostly down man utds left back position

Kieran Phillips has scored six goals in 6 games for the Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team since end of Jan on loan from us, including a hat-trick in a 4-0 win over Blackpool.,has done well to even be back playing TBF after been out for over 2 years-should be playing for Huddersfield v wigan in prem league cup tomorrow [friday]

His hattrick on here

Pen here

2 goals here

Cheers for this. As well as his two years out through injury Kieran Phillips was also out for a long time after Christmas last season. It’s great that he’s doing so well on loan at Huddersfield, and he’s racking up those goals with both feet, much as he was doing last season. Having him playing at 9 and through the middle really shows he has something at this level , he’d be one of those few players I’d be happy to keep on just to see how well he can do with an injury free run under his belt, maybe another loan to Huddersfield next season see if he can get 1st team games. Worth a punt. I got this from their site. He didn’t play last night.

Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team striker Kieran Phillips is hoping to continue his good run of form when they face Wigan Athletic in the Premier League Cup on Friday.

Phillips, who joined the Club on loan from Everton in January, has made a great start to life back in the Blue and White stripes.
The 19-year-old has netted six goals in as many games, including a hat-trick in the recent 4-0 win over Blackpool.
Speaking ahead of the game, he revealed that he is keen to maintain this run ahead of the visit of the Latics.
“I think I have done well but I just have to keep that going as long as I can, then we will see where it goes.
“I want to try keep up my form and get the minutes under my belt.”
The striker also admitted that the prospect of playing regular football was a major factor in his decision to return to the Club.
“Initially it was the games and the training programme that attracted me back to Huddersfield Town. Obviously, I wasn’t playing much where I was before but now, I am here; playing and training regularly.
“I am playing consistently in games; that is the pull for me, playing football.”
Phillips has made an instant impact on Danny Schofield’s side following his recent arrival at PPG Canalside and hailed the Club’s Academy setup as the primary reason for his seamless transition.
“As you know I have been here before, so it has been pretty easy to settle in to be honest. All the lads are nice, and the staff are great.
“The environment around the place is top draw so I’ve settled in really quickly and easily.”
You can watch Kieran and his EDT teammates in action on Friday 6 March 2020 in the Premier League Cup.

Cheers for this. As well as his two years out through injury Kieran Phillips was also out for a long time after Christmas last season. It’s great that he’s doing so well on loan at Huddersfield, and he’s racking up those goals with both feet, much as he was doing last season. Having him playing at 9 and through the middle really shows he has something at this level , he’d be one of those few players I’d be happy to keep on just to see how well he can do with an injury free run under his belt, maybe another loan to Huddersfield next season see if he can get 1st team games. Worth a punt. I got this from their site. He didn’t play last night.

Huddersfield Town’s Elite Development Team striker Kieran Phillips is hoping to continue his good run of form when they face Wigan Athletic in the Premier League Cup on Friday.

Phillips, who joined the Club on loan from Everton in January, has made a great start to life back in the Blue and White stripes.
The 19-year-old has netted six goals in as many games, including a hat-trick in the recent 4-0 win over Blackpool.
Speaking ahead of the game, he revealed that he is keen to maintain this run ahead of the visit of the Latics.
“I think I have done well but I just have to keep that going as long as I can, then we will see where it goes.
“I want to try keep up my form and get the minutes under my belt.”
The striker also admitted that the prospect of playing regular football was a major factor in his decision to return to the Club.
“Initially it was the games and the training programme that attracted me back to Huddersfield Town. Obviously, I wasn’t playing much where I was before but now, I am here; playing and training regularly.
“I am playing consistently in games; that is the pull for me, playing football.”
Phillips has made an instant impact on Danny Schofield’s side following his recent arrival at PPG Canalside and hailed the Club’s Academy setup as the primary reason for his seamless transition.
“As you know I have been here before, so it has been pretty easy to settle in to be honest. All the lads are nice, and the staff are great.
“The environment around the place is top draw so I’ve settled in really quickly and easily.”
You can watch Kieran and his EDT teammates in action on Friday 6 March 2020 in the Premier League Cup.

Genuinely thought we’d just sold him.

Everton u23s lead 2-0 half time, in the last 16 premier league cup game v Reading

Right on HT
Great goal line clearance by Con Ouzounidis after goalkeeper Harry Tyrer had come flapping at a cross into the box. Ouzounidis’ block stopped a shot from Claudio Osario.

Mampala just missed a sitter at the back post,hitting the side netting,still 2-0 with 10 left,Dobbin then goes close with shot just over

Reading get 1 back on 87mins as Augustus McGiff fires a low shot beyond Tyrer

Last edited: