Everton Youth Teams Thread

Not just Everton either eggs, it happens throughout the top flight that not many produce top keepers.

I find it quite disappointing tbh, that we haven't produced a top quality home grown keeper in my time supporting Everton

What's the matter with kids, being a goalie is boss, chance to jump around in mud and your mum and dad can't kick off on you!!!

....good point, I think historically folk have thought goalies are better the older they get but perhaps things are changing.

Goalkeepers have to play to get better. They also tend to develop later. Take Adam Davies who came through our academy. Player of the year on several occasions. We released him, got a month by month deal with Sheffield Wednesday, eventually joined Barnsley. Now League One keeper of the year and highly in demand.

Goalkeepers have to play to get better. They also tend to develop later. Take Adam Davies who came through our academy. Player of the year on several occasions. We released him, got a month by month deal with Sheffield Wednesday, eventually joined Barnsley. Now League One keeper of the year and highly in demand.
Didn't Pickford also play a ton of football in the lower leagues too before getting in Sunderlands first team

Anyone know any recent info on what will happen with Keiran Phillips? Into the U23's?
It was always hard to find info on Phillips situation. We know he suffered a horrendous injury which kept him out of the u18s for his two Scholar years. We then gave him a years contract up until June 19 I think , and played him when he was overage in the u18s up until Christmas , presumably with FA permission. Then after Christmas he never appeared , not in Youth Cup or league. It suggests either an injury or his dispensation to play at u18 level ran out.
He looked a talented player , but hard to judge until we see him at U23s , certainly worth a punt into the U23s . On the other hand, I know nothing , so with our club’s lack of news reporting of youngsters he could have left already :(

....reporter Alan Nixon saying Everton are very keen to tie up 16 year old striker Lewis Dobbin on a lucrative contract. He must be highly rated.
Never heard of Alan Nixon, sounds like one of those rumours we often get that clubs are after one of our youngsters, we need to sign him up etc , Simms and Astley were the last two . Lewis Dobbin appears to be the pick of our u16s who will be moving up into u18 this coming season, he’s played regularly for England at u15, u16 which is always a good sign. I’m assuming, but don’t know for sure, that he’s signed and agreed a Scholar’s contract of two years, and then we would look again at his contract and make it longer and more lucrative when he’s 17 in January.
Perhaps as you’d expect he’s looked a bit small when I’ve seen him, but the youngest on the pitch. Certainly not the build of Simms , but appears a more technically adept and sharper player, so closer to the 16 year old Gordon than Simms.

Never heard of Alan Nixon, sounds like one of those rumours we often get that clubs are after one of our youngsters, we need to sign him up etc , Simms and Astley were the last two . Lewis Dobbin appears to be the pick of our u16s who will be moving up into u18 this coming season, he’s played regularly for England at u15, u16 which is always a good sign. I’m assuming, but don’t know for sure, that he’s signed and agreed a Scholar’s contract of two years, and then we would look again at his contract and make it longer and more lucrative when he’s 17 in January.
Perhaps as you’d expect he’s looked a bit small when I’ve seen him, but the youngest on the pitch. Certainly not the build of Simms , but appears a more technically adept and sharper player, so closer to the 16 year old Gordon than Simms.

...thanks, that’s a good insight. I wondered about his physicality, but he must be talented and one to keep an eye on.