Everton Youth Teams Thread

Linfield sign Northern Ireland international Shayne Lavery - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Shayne Lavery has signed for Linfield. Picture credit: Linfield FC

Shayne Lavery has signed for Linfield. Picture credit: Linfield FC
May 31 2019

The 20-year-old has signed a one-year contract at Windsor Park.
Lavery had been with Everton since the age of 16, and spent the last few months of this season on loan at Scottish side Falkirk.
He made his senior debut for Northern Ireland in a friendly against Panama in May 2018.
Lavery has been prolific for Ian Baraclough's Northern Ireland U21's, scoring five goals in eleven apperances.

He told Linfieldfc.com that he was delighted to be joining the reigning champions.

“I’m absolutely delighted to have got this deal agreed to sign for Linfield. I know the manager and Ross (Oliver) very well and they have made me feel welcome and wanted. I just can’t wait to get started once I return here from international duty," Lavery said.
"I have been impressed with the overall set up at the club and all the manager’s plans for the club, going forward. I also know Joel Cooper well and this really does feel like the right move for me at this stage of my career.

"I have had a taste of European football with Everton and at international level and I’m really looking forward to being involved in the club’s upcoming UEFA Champions League campaign. There will be strong competition for places but the challenge excites me and will bring out the best of me”.
Linfield boss David Healy said he was "delighted" to secure the signing.

Northern Ireland forward Shayne Lavery.
Northern Ireland forward Shayne Lavery.

“I’m very enthusiastic about young Shayne joining us. I’ve known him for some time and I know what an exciting and promising talent he is. He’s played at various underage international levels and made his senior international debut exactly a year ago," Healy said.

"He will certainly increase the competition levels within our squad and I’m really looking forward to working with him again, when he joins us for our UEFA Champions League preparations.
"He’s a quality signing who I believe will fit in well with our squad and I know our supporters will make him feel most welcome.”

I don’t believe Adeydoyin made the Nigeria U20s World Cup squad as previously touted, he didn’t feature in any match day squad and they virtually name everybody. Worthy of a new contract though.
It’s time for Charsley to move on , he’s been a loyal servant and decent player for the U23s and if he’s still injured fair enough, help him recover then help him find a club where he can make a career. Ouzounidis barely made an impact last season, I can see him having a role maybe alongside Astley and him as the CBs if Feeney and Gibson move out on loan , but really he’s far behind them three in terms of ability as a CB.

USA were awful. Robinson was about the best of a terrible roster which is saying very little. The foundation was some kind of 3-4-1-2 or something, it made no sense.

I'm still on the fence re: Robinson. He can run fast.

Yeah, from watching that Robinson has some speed, but really lacks poise and I thought was really really poor going forward. He hits in a few decent crosses, but mostly loses the ball easily. Hes got to grow a lot before hes ready.