Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u18s win 3-1 at West brom,a simms hattrick,We go 3rd for now,but back down to 4th if man utd win there game,and they are 3-0 up at newcastle

Meanwhile leaders Derby had a topsy turvy game at stoke,Derby were ahead,then stoke had pen saved by Derby keeper,3mins later stoke then scored a 2nd pen they got,stoke then went ahead 2-1,with Derby scoring 2 in last 15mins,the winner been injury time for a 3-2 win,that puts them 3 ahead off 2nd placed Liverpool and keeps them 7 points ahead of us

next game away to wolves u18s next sat morning with an 11.30ko

DERBY 41 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES - PLUS 25
LIVERPOOL 38 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES- PLUS 23
MAN UTD 35 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES -[based on them winning today if they hang on 2nd half]
EVERTON 34 POINTS FROM 17 GAMES - PLUS 24

Everton U18s Team away to west brom

Tyrer, Mckeown, Joe Anderson, Quirk, Hunt, Hughes, Carroll, Iversen, Dobbin, Adedoyin, Simms,
Subs Warrington, Zuk, Hosie, Barrett, Jonathan Anderson
That was an intriguing line up, only two defenders in McKeown and Anderson, though Quirk has played in defence, 4 mids and three attackers.
I’m also intrigued by the appearance and disappearance of the mysterious Rafael Garcia. I think it was one of those funny cups he played in so maybe there’s an issue about his registration for Youth Cup/ u 18 league. Anybody able to shed any light on him apart from what we already know , that after much rumour we finally got him from Fulham?

Usual 5 lads in the U21 squad for the upcoming games against Germany and Poland. Despite proving himself in the championship Mason Holgate is once more overlooked. This has to be a backlash from his twitter comments as a 14 yo.

Usual 5 lads in the U21 squad for the upcoming games against Germany and Poland. Despite proving himself in the championship Mason Holgate is once more overlooked. This has to be a backlash from his twitter comments as a 14 yo.

Hes 22 but i think he should be eligible still.

Does seem peculiar, disappointing for him.

He's deffo eligible Zat. He was in the squad up until that derby match.

Incredible that Allardyce never played him after that (from memory)...he had a good game as well!!

They have already enough right backs in the squad to be fair

Well Wan-Bissaka is in so fair enough!!

Heres the squad

Goalkeepers : Freddie Woodman (Newcastle United), Angus Gunn (Southampton), Dean Henderson (Sheffield United, on loan from Manchester United)
Defenders: Jake Clarke-Salter (Vitesse, on loan from Chelsea), Jay Dasilva (Bristol City, on loan from Chelsea), Dael Fry (Middlesbrough), Lloyd Kelly (Bristol City), Jonjoe Kenny (Everton), Ezri Konsa (Brentford), Fikayo Tomori (Derby County, on loan from Chelsea), Kyle Walker-Peters (Tottenham Hotspur), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (Crystal Palace)
Midfielders: Harvey Barnes (Leicester City), Hamza Choudhury (Leicester City), Tom Davies (Everton), Kieran Dowell (Sheffield United, on loan from Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), James Maddison (Leicester City), Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham)
Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Aston Villa, on loan from Chelsea), Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Callum Hudson-Odoi (Chelsea), Ademola Lookman (Everton), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim, on loan from Arsenal), Dominic Solanke (AFC Bournemouth)

He's deffo eligible Zat. He was in the squad up until that derby match.
Why do you say that, I’m curious? It’s about a year since he played , he was 21 then , and 21 before 1Jan 18 , I.e last year which is the international date usually used , so he must have been overage then . Players that helped a team qualify can usually go onto that tournament e.g. DCL is now 22, but to me Holgate is a year older than the rest.
I don’t see any conspiracy here, we moan enough about not giving youngsters a chance , fact is there are decent , younger players who should be ahead of Holgate even if he is eligible.

Why do you say that, I’m curious? It’s about a year since he played , he was 21 then , and 21 before 1Jan 18 , I.e last year which is the international date usually used , so he must have been overage then . Players that helped a team qualify can usually go onto that tournament e.g. DCL is now 22, but to me Holgate is a year older than the rest.
I don’t see any conspiracy here, we moan enough about not giving youngsters a chance , fact is there are decent , younger players who should be ahead of Holgate even if he is eligible.
I've raised this subject a few times mate. Surprised you haven't noticed it before.

The qualifying age is born on or after 1 Jan 1996. Mason, Demarie Gray, Chilwell and Abrahams were all underage players from the 2017 euro squad that lost on penalties in the semi to Germany. They were all picked for the first squad for the 2019 qualifications but Mason dropped out with an injury. He hasn't been selected since, despite none of the other centre backs (Gomes excepted who has move on to the full squad) having premier experience.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories mate but you have to agree something isn't right. If it isn't the homophobic tweet it can only be that he had a fall out with that [Poor language removed] who runs the U21s.