Everton Youth Teams Thread

Who'd have thought playing regularly in the Premier League would help young players improve compared to their opposition?

All of our young lads have a fair way to go, but it shows just how high above the rest they are.

They'll get better by playing more games. They'll get better as we get better. That's a good thing.

Davies made that 3rd goal possible by winning the ball back after Foden had lost it , simple lay off off to Cook, over the top for Lookman DCL finishes. The class of Foden just oozes out of him , but the discipline of Cook and Davies is allowing him a free role to do his thing.
Always liked the look of that Cook, cracker player would like him at are club

Thought JJ had a really good game tonight. Made some great overlapping runs and Davies made some excellent passes to find him. Got 1 assist and could easily have had 2 or 3 more had the finishing been better. Pleased for him after his stinker against Leicester.

Lookman got the man of match , Davies had his best game at this level, Jonjoe was decent all night and DCL scored two, so not a bad night for our lads, allbeit it was weak opposition.

Not sure how Lookman got the MoM ahead of Foden to be honest, hope Pep was watching and also thinks Lookman is great, much as I like Lookman I’d swap him for Foden in an instant.

Davies made that 3rd goal possible by winning the ball back after Foden had lost it , simple lay off off to Cook, over the top for Lookman DCL finishes. The class of Foden just oozes out of him , but the discipline of Cook and Davies is allowing him a free role to do his thing.

Always liked the look of that Cook, cracker player would like him at are club
Surprised he doesn't get more game time for Bournemouth tbh. Good player.

Cook shows what that type of player could do for us next to Davies rather than having Gana there.

Sometimes its about how the team plays greater than the sum of its parts and i wouldnt be averse to us signing Cook and playing him alongside Davies...not to mention it adds to the group of u21s coming through together.

They aren't doin too shabby with him on the bench to be fair
Very true. Looks like their first choice CM is Lerma, which is fair enough seeing as he was their big summer signing. But they were playing Gosling alongside him at the start of the season. Come on!!

I also like their other new boy David Brooks, who plays slightly further forward. He's going to be a player.

Very true. Looks like their first choice CM is Lerma, which is fair enough seeing as he was their big summer signing. But they were playing Gosling alongside him at the start of the season. Come on!!

I also like their other new boy David Brooks, who plays slightly further forward. He's going to be a player.

I think they were just easing Lerma in to the team. Last two games it's been him partnering Cook which is their most obvious best pairing. They're a fun team to watch.

Brooks is really good. Their front 3 of Wilson, King and Brooks is fantastic for such an unfashionable club.
Huge credit to Howe for constructing such a vibrant and exciting side.

Unfortunately Jedi Robinson played a horrific match last night. To the point that I think he might have played himself out of the US lineup.
All part of his learning process. Was he up against James? Let's be fair he's a top player and young Antonee won't be seeing his like in the Championship.

You'd like to think that the USA coaches understand that the lads 21 and is going to be inconsistent. Also good teams will play on a weakness as we saw with JJ last weekend. Especially if he can be isolated.