Everton Youth Teams Thread

Forgot he went therelol
Think something else has happened with that lad. 12 months ago he was being touted as the next big thing (in the same way that Foden and Sancho are being lauded now).
I remember Marcus Edwards playing against us a year or so ago , tricky dribbler, lively, very talented but I’d have said closer to a Lookman than a Foden/Sancho. Cue reports of “ bad attitude” if they don’t make it.

I remember Marcus Edwards playing against us a year or so ago , tricky dribbler, lively, very talented but I’d have said closer to a Lookman than a Foden/Sancho. Cue reports of “ bad attitude” if they don’t make it.
yeah. Wasn't comparing their styles. just the way they are/were being lauded s the next big thing.

yeah. Wasn't comparing their styles. just the way they are/were being lauded s the next big thing.

He's had an encouraging start in Holland this season. Made one Eredivisie team of the week already.

He's had an encouraging start in Holland this season. Made one Eredivisie team of the week already.
There were rumours in the summer that Spurs were making him available for sale and a few on here were suggesting we go in for him. Which is why I made the comment about things not being right with him. No way Spurs would even consider offloading him under normal circumstances.

Hope he get's his mojo back.

Marcus Edwards might beg to differ ;)

Thats fair, but I'm not sure anyone has got anything out of Edwards.

I remember seeing him in a game with Reece Oxford, who were the two big stars for England. I was highly critical of both.

Oxford looked like a poser. A goal went in and he started laying into everyone around him, throwing his arms about like he thought John Terry would do. He should have just focussed on his own part in it. He looked a complete bully to me.

Edwards had lots of abilities but never got his head up, never looked to play anyone in and in truth never looked interested in anyone but himself. Such attributes will be ok at youth level, but making a step up to the mens is a very different skill set. Both lads looked to me the wrong personality to make it. I think all of these comments were put on here too, albeit about 4 years ago.

Davies played well that game.

Either way, I think Evans could benefit from a manager like Farke in the championship. Madison did well under him, and lads like Aarons are doing really well currently. He's also got good fees for the Murphy's. I think it would be a good move and I think he would appreciate the opportunity far more than someone like Edwards.

Thats fair, but I'm not sure anyone has got anything out of Edwards.

I remember seeing him in a game with Reece Oxford, who were the two big stars for England. I was highly critical of both.

Oxford looked like a poser. A goal went in and he started laying into everyone around him, throwing his arms about like he thought John Terry would do. He should have just focussed on his own part in it. He looked a complete bully to me.

Edwards had lots of abilities but never got his head up, never looked to play anyone in and in truth never looked interested in anyone but himself. Such attributes will be ok at youth level, but making a step up to the mens is a very different skill set. Both lads looked to me the wrong personality to make it. I think all of these comments were put on here too, albeit about 4 years ago.

Davies played well that game.

Either way, I think Evans could benefit from a manager like Farke in the championship. Madison did well under him, and lads like Aarons are doing really well currently. He's also got good fees for the Murphy's. I think it would be a good move and I think he would appreciate the opportunity far more than someone like Edwards.
Some of the most talented lads seem to believe in the hype around them
How many next big things fail to make it
To add to the list there’s Oliver Burke and Ravel Morrison
Takes a lot more than talent to make a professional footballer