Everton Youth Teams Thread

All part of his learning process. Was he up against James? Let's be fair he's a top player and young Antonee won't be seeing his like in the Championship.

You'd like to think that the USA coaches understand that the lads 21 and is going to be inconsistent. Also good teams will play on a weakness as we saw with JJ last weekend. Especially if he can be isolated.
The coaching and tactics were awful, so that’s part of the problem. Cuadrado was the other part. Struggled with his pace. His positioning was off, but his technique broke down a bit. He might have been not used to the weather honestly and just worn out. Brooks gave him zero help, too, as he had a bad night. But almost everything went down Jedi’s side unfortunately.

Cook shows what that type of player could do for us next to Davies rather than having Gana there.

Sometimes its about how the team plays greater than the sum of its parts and i wouldnt be averse to us signing Cook and playing him alongside Davies...not to mention it adds to the group of u21s coming through together.
In 2/3 years, provided they both develop, I think it could well be a good enough pairing for a top 4 club. But neither player is there yet individually, never mind as a partnership. Can you imagine if they lined up against Real or Barca in the champions league.

They certainly looked good last night as a pairing, and gave the talented Foden freedom to influence the game in the final third. But you have to remember who we were playing. The game was so one sided it could have been double the score, literally. Their keeper played very well plus there were more than a few sitters missed (Davies missed an open goal from 6 yards).

Patience Zat. Gana is good to go until the end of next season at least. Filling the starting XI with youngsters now will do them more harm than good.

The coaching and tactics were awful, so that’s part of the problem. Cuadrado was the other part. Struggled with his pace. His positioning was off, but his technique broke down a bit. He might have been not used to the weather honestly and just worn out. Brooks gave him zero help, too, as he had a bad night. But almost everything went down Jedi’s side unfortunately.
Forgot about Cuadrado. Another player who on his day can be electric.

Did USA play 3 at the back or a back 4?. I know when Antonee had that good game against France it was as a wing back. He'll struggle defensively in a back 4 against that quality of opposition.

In 2/3 years, provided they both develop, I think it could well be a good enough pairing for a top 4 club. But neither player is there yet individually, never mind as a partnership. Can you imagine if they lined up against Real or Barca in the champions league.

They certainly looked good last night as a pairing, and gave the talented Foden freedom to influence the game in the final third. But you have to remember who we were playing. The game was so one sided it could have been double the score, literally. Their keeper played very well plus there were more than a few sitters missed (Davies missed an open goal from 6 yards).

Patience Zat. Gana is good to go until the end of next season at least. Filling the starting XI with youngsters now will do them more harm than good.

Not the starting 11 mate, the squad.

Then see if they can break into the team over time, or be rotation options.

Obvs it's a complete irrelevance atm, with Silva only just being in the door and hopefully here for a good few years, but would you take him as our next manager?

I liken Howes' situation to that of Moyes here. He has built a superb setup and team ethos that has been constructed over years.
If he left and went to another club he might struggle at first to get the desired results and with bigger egos he could soon be on a hiding to nothing.

I think he is an excellent manager, but he is onto a very good thing at Bournemouth who are growing steadily and in no real danager of relegation.
I hope Silva has the opportunity to build a legacy here too.

I think in Brands and with financial backing, we have an opportunity to break the glass ceiling.

Obvs it's a complete irrelevance atm, with Silva only just being in the door and hopefully here for a good few years, but would you take him as our next manager?
He's a likeable guy. And he's got his just rewards for sticking by his guns with getting his team playing good football. It's so easy to come unstuck in the Premier doing that, which is why the majority of promoted clubs go safety first. Good on the club for sticking with him too.

Therein lies the difference between being manager of Bournemouth and being manager of Everton. Expectations at Bournemouth are minimal and, even now, you feel that relegation is half expected and therefore, to a degree, acceptable. He wouldn't get anywhere near the same leeway with us, either with the fans or with the owners.

I like the way he plays the game though, so from that point of view I wouldn't mind him being our next manager. However hopefully by that stage we will be pushing the top 4, and I'm not sure what pulling power he would have as a manager to attract the players needed to keep us there. By comparison, whilst Silva may not be well known in England, he has a good reputation in Europe and Portugal in particular. There's no doubt he was instrumental in bringing in both Richarlison and Bernard and Gomes has spoken very highly of him too. Not sure Howe will bring us that. He is, apparently, an Evertonian though.

Who'd have thought playing regularly in the Premier League would help young players improve compared to their opposition?

All of our young lads have a fair way to go, but it shows just how high above the rest they are.

They'll get better by playing more games. They'll get better as we get better. That's a good thing.
Lest we all forget it was Andorra they were playing against

A voice Of reason amongst the wilderness

Got injured last friday v Doncaster and going by the live blog at the time,they say he went down with what looked like ankle injury so maybe that was the op ?

Cheers, our OS has a report on the England u21 game with “England will round off their campaign on Tuesday evening when they travel to Edinburgh to face a Scotland side featuring Everton Under-23s striker Fraser Hornby. “ !! He’ll now disappear into the black hole we have for getting info on our injured youngsters.

Cheers, our OS has a report on the England u21 game with “England will round off their campaign on Tuesday evening when they travel to Edinburgh to face a Scotland side featuring Everton Under-23s striker Fraser Hornby. “ !! He’ll now disappear into the black hole we have for getting info on our injured youngsters.
Typical. We're not very good at this are we. The only reason we know anything is because the lad himself tweeted something.