Everton Youth Teams Thread

He's certainly doing well at the moment though, as you've said yourself, he looks big, fast and strong which are the advantages that tend to drop out when you step up a level.

..also clear the impact of immigration is having on players coming through. I don’t know Massala’s background but you also look at the name of the Newcastle scorer. Baningime came here via Congo. It’s a changing world, fascinating stuff.

..also clear the impact of immigration is having on players coming through. I don’t know Massala’s background but you also look at the name of the Newcastle scorer. Baningime came here via Congo. It’s a changing world, fascinating stuff.

Think Mampala is Congolese origins too.

How Newcastle are so useless at academy level I don't know. Big population with little competition yet their best prospects leave and they haven't had an academy graduate really make it for years.

..we hold Gordon in high regard but Mampala looks a prospect as well.
I would love to see that Gordon goal from a different angle, it’s either a huge error by their GK leaving his nearside post unguarded or Gordon tricked him with a bit of subtlety and deftly chipped/passed the ball into the far corner with his left.I Think I’ll go with a bit of both but mainly the later :).

It’s hard to gauge youngsters like Mampala. He didn’t get much of a look in last season but has blossomed this season, scoring one in that match, an assist for the second and beating three men to set up Adedoyin with an open goal and what looked like an horrendous miss. He looks like one of the 5 or 6 who will get a pro contract from his intake, but as a standard to judge him against is he any better than Delial Brewster at the same age two seasons ago? I would love for him to come through , the No 9 position is one where we’ve failed to develop our own Academy products the last few years and it shows at times at U23s level.

I went to uni up there, the standard of football is way below merseysides

Yep it is funny how some areas (Merseyside, Gr Manchester, South London) now seem to supply most footballers.

Kent has the same population as Merseyside and has Chris Smalling and Andy Townsend as "famous" footballers born there. That is pretty much it.

Yep it is funny how some areas (Merseyside, Gr Manchester, South London) now seem to supply most footballers.

Kent has the same population as Merseyside and has Chris Smalling and Andy Townsend as "famous" footballers born there. That is pretty much it.
there will be problems with getting young players through soon as lots of leagues are folding at local level or struggling to get teams due to costs pitch fees ect , the team my lad used to play for had 9 teams at one point is down to 2, the scotty road league are playing teams with an age range of 9 to 12 against each other to make the numbers up .

there will be problems with getting young players through soon as lots of leagues are folding at local level or struggling to get teams due to costs pitch fees ect , the team my lad used to play for had 9 teams at one point is down to 2, the scotty road league are playing teams with an age range of 9 to 12 against each other to make the numbers up .

Quite why we and Liverpool don't just stick £5m each in a pot and build 20 decent full size 3g pitches around the city and make them free of charge I don't know. That is about the cost of 1x youth prospect each.

Quite why we and Liverpool don't just stick £5m each in a pot and build 20 decent full size 3g pitches around the city and make them free of charge I don't know. That is about the cost of 1x youth prospect each.
surprised Everton in the community haven't looked at doing something, give them help with gear, pitches , coaching from some of the kids they teach would be a decent opportunity to engage with the community they come from and help with there self esteem , and we get first dabs on anything coming through.

I would love to see that Gordon goal from a different angle, it’s either a huge error by their GK leaving his nearside post unguarded or Gordon tricked him with a bit of subtlety and deftly chipped/passed the ball into the far corner with his left.I Think I’ll go with a bit of both but mainly the later :).

It’s hard to gauge youngsters like Mampala. He didn’t get much of a look in last season but has blossomed this season, scoring one in that match, an assist for the second and beating three men to set up Adedoyin with an open goal and what looked like an horrendous miss. He looks like one of the 5 or 6 who will get a pro contract from his intake, but as a standard to judge him against is he any better than Delial Brewster at the same age two seasons ago? I would love for him to come through , the No 9 position is one where we’ve failed to develop our own Academy products the last few years and it shows at times at U23s level.

..no9 in the top flight requires a special skill set, it’s the reason why strikers cost so much and why they are so difficult to unearth. The very best have the ability to make something happen.

That's a superb idea that mate. Instead of the crap where the fa say they support grassroots football by probably putting in £20 a year, I don't know why Everton and Liverpool don't take matters into their own hands and help the whole of the city out like you mention.

Is Kent really as big as Merseyside mate?

That's a superb idea that mate. Instead of the crap where the fa say they support grassroots football by probably putting in £20 a year, I don't know why Everton and Liverpool don't take matters into their own hands and help the whole of the city out like you mention.

The fa together with the premier league and the council are actually building 4 ‘football hubs’ in Liverpool, all with 3g pitches, at a cost of £17million!