Homepage Update: Everton won’t be parting company with Niasse this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
..I actually wonder if Niasse is more effective off the bench. It’s good to have that ammunition in reserve.

No ifs or buts about it he's totally more effective coming off the bench , by that time opposition defences are tiring or not concentrating as much where as Oumar is full of beans and totally committed, he must be a nightmare for many to play against late on in a game, it's been said he's not technically gifted but once again that wasn't a simple tap in, he made it look simple.

His close control is actually pretty good, he seems to find a way to get by players in tight spaces. I was fuming when he got past the West Brom defender at the weekend and he blatantly handballed it.

He is a much more useful player than people give him credit for. His passing is erratic more than generally poor and he takes up really good positions and most importantly he MOVES for a pass.

It's amazing if you get a chance to see him warming up at half time

He does keepy-uppies and everything

He's one of those guys where if you put him up against an average person he'll look incredibly skilled, but compared with top footballers he looks ungainly and unskilled

What we are effectively saying is that we are pinning our hopes of survival on a truly rubbish centre forward who is a lucky man as a sub sometimes, worrying times.

Niasse is the player I would expect to 'read' Walcotts instant balls into the box more than any other. Walcott is classy enough to appreciate this and their partnership could be very lucrative goal wise.

Unless we're going to buy another striker (which in fairness is far more likely than the LB we desperately need) we can't get rid of Niasse. DCL's had a heavy season already and Sandro I can only assume has been chucked into a bottomless pit and is falling for all eternity and therefore unavailable for selection.

I don't think he's as bad as some make out. He works hard, moves intelligently, and often plays the simple ball, something a lot of others seem incapable of doing. His control has improved a lot as well. He still has moments where he makes mistakes, but we have £70m worth of shitty midfielders who that applies to as well. He's no less affective on the ball than Slugurdsson, and at least when he runs he actually moves closer to his intended target.

his assist against Bournemouth was class, we've scored the grand total of 2 goals in 6 games and both were down to Oumar and still people have a go at him it is ridiculous

GOOD!

At this point, I'd be starting him ahead of Tosun/DCL. Ease DCL back in and manage Tosun to avoid destroying the lad.

For whatever reason his raw ability is getting goals... take away his goals this season and things would look a lot worse...
Agreed, he has shown more goal scoring potential than any other striker right now and has been for awhile.

My thoughts on him are these ....

When the ball is in the box, a lot of the time it isn't under control, and there's a lot of panic. The main skill you need there are quick reactions and an ability to good the ball goalwards and let the goalie worry about the rest. You don't need to be able to juggler twist, turn, dribble in that position. Just have an eye for goal.

Niasse has that. It ain't pretty, but it works.
It certainly works...why not go with it!

No ifs or buts about it he's totally more effective coming off the bench , by that time opposition defences are tiring or not concentrating as much where as Oumar is full of beans and totally committed, he must be a nightmare for many to play against late on in a game, it's been said he's not technically gifted but once again that wasn't a simple tap in, he made it look simple.
He isn't an awful starter but I would agree he is better off the bench. He has proven that several times now, and that goal Saturday was like the Bournemouth goal to start that comeback win. Clinical!

his assist against Bournemouth was class, we've scored the grand total of 2 goals in 6 games and both were down to Oumar and still people have a go at him it is ridiculous
Yep, and he has tee'd up Siggy a couple of times in a similar fashion and Siggy missed some how. The naysayers need to give it a rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.