Homepage Update: Everton won’t be parting company with Niasse this month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Ferguson

Player Valuation: £225k
Tom Ferguson submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Everton won’t be parting company with Niasse this month
niassebournemouth-1024x461.jpg

Sam Allardyce has confirmed he has no interest in letting Oumar Niasse leave Everton in January.

It was previously thought the Blues were willing to listen to offers for the Senegalese frontman and the likes of Crystal Palace and Brighton were sniffing around for his signature.

But Niasse’s seventh goal of the campaign which saved Everton’s blushes against West Brom on Saturday seems to have swayed Big Sam into keeping hold of the centre forward, for now.

When asked about Niasse’s future Allardyce said: “No I can't let Niasse go, there's no danger of that.

“The hardest thing to come here in January is to come and play upfront.

“And there is no way we can let Oumar go.

“We've given Dominic the weekend off because of the huge amount of games he's played the fatigue he's suffered so we said go and chill, rest and recharge your batteries and come back.

“We need those three between now and the end of the season. We haven't had a lot of goals, we're trying to increase our goal-scoring capacity.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Love Oumar and how his outright lack of ability seems to baffle defenders. Can't afford to let him go right now. Keep going my sweet Prince.
My thoughts on him are these ....

When the ball is in the box, a lot of the time it isn't under control, and there's a lot of panic. The main skill you need there are quick reactions and an ability to good the ball goalwards and let the goalie worry about the rest. You don't need to be able to juggler twist, turn, dribble in that position. Just have an eye for goal.

Niasse has that. It ain't pretty, but it works.

My thoughts on him are these ....

When the ball is in the box, a lot of the time it isn't under control, and there's a lot of panic. The main skill you need there are quick reactions and an ability to good the ball goalwards and let the goalie worry about the rest. You don't need to be able to juggler twist, turn, dribble in that position. Just have an eye for goal.

Niasse has that. It ain't pretty, but it works.

Oh, no doubt he knows where the goal is when inside the box. Outside the box though he is utterly, utterly awful. Couldn't trap a bag of cement.

At this point, I'd be starting him ahead of Tosun/DCL. Ease DCL back in and manage Tosun to avoid destroying the lad.

For whatever reason his raw ability is getting goals... take away his goals this season and things would look a lot worse...

Think I read we’d be 19th without his goals.

Admittedly that’s Steve Walsh mental logic but startling none the less.

I do still think he’s more effective off the bench. But it’s not just him that could be said about.

Status
Not open for further replies.