Homepage Update: Everton want German left-back - Plattenhardt

Status
Not open for further replies.

...according to the Liverpool Echo, Everton have no interest in Plattenhardt.
I think we're going to wait until pre-season starts before a signing comes in.

We've essentially hit the reset button to when Koeman arrived and the circumstances are quite similar to that time.

A new DoF and a new manager will need to see the players personally before making assessments and wholesale changes.

It took Koeman until the 2nd of August to spend any money and that was 49 days after his announcement. We're only on day 19 so far.

I think we're going to wait until pre-season starts before a signing comes in.

We've essentially hit the reset button to when Koeman arrived and the circumstances are quite similar to that time.

A new DoF and a new manager will need to see the players personally before making assessments and wholesale changes.

It took Koeman until the 2nd of August to spend any money and that was 49 days after his announcement. We're only on day 19 so far.

..the only difference is that Silva in particular knows the squad he’s inheriting, not just from his time in the Premiership but he must have watched and analysed in recent months. To a lesser extent, Brands has been lined up for a while and won’t be totally blind to the current squad.

Not every player who earns a cap is the best in his position. In fact even the greatest teams include players who would be average outside of their current group of players. They get picked because they can perform their duties well within that particular a team when perhaps a better player might not have the right qualities. High performing teams are often greater than the sum of their parts.
As I have said if hewas playing in the defeat to Leipzig he was part of a very porous defence, and from what I've been able to discover about him since we where linked he seems a fairly unexceptional player.
None of this means he won't do well for us should we sign him , but he certainly doesn't fill me with eager anticipation.
Still think it's a load of hokum anyway.
And this is exactly what Im talking about. Its one thing if BFS doesnt rate a player. But you are saying you know better than the manager who just won the past World Cup, the best manager in the worlds biggest sporting competition. This isnt, as you so casually mention a "player who earns a cap". This isnt a cap, this is the world cup, and this isnt Costa Rica, this is Germany.

But because you watched him that one time you know better.

And this is exactly what Im talking about. Its one thing if BFS doesnt rate a player. But you are saying you know better than the manager who just won the past World Cup, the best manager in the worlds biggest sporting competition. This isnt, as you so casually mention a "player who earns a cap". This isnt a cap, this is the world cup, and this isnt Costa Rica, this is Germany.

But because you watched him that one time you know better.
Calm down , it's all about opinion I have mine and you have yours. Just because a player plays for a top team doesn't automatically make him the best player in that position. Some players are the best player for that team not necessarily the best player around, and furthermore he may not be the ideal player for our team.
Plus my opinion is far superior to some weird looking, snot eating kraut.

Calm down , it's all about opinion I have mine and you have yours. Just because a player plays for a top team doesn't automatically make him the best player in that position. Some players are the best player for that team not necessarily the best player around, and furthermore he may not be the ideal player for our team.
Plus my opinion is far superior to some weird looking, snot eating kraut.
That's what we need more of on here.
A balanced, objective, respectful opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.