Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is set up nicely for us now. Wolves are in contention for that European Conference place and will want to come out for the three points. If we play them the way we did City we can set up to counter attack on them. They'll tire before the end of that game.

We cant afford to give a team in form a goal lead. I'll be pleased if we're on terms at HT. We can test their energy levels second half.

Wolves totally dominated Watford with a 3-4-2-1 formation.

I feel we need to protect our defence so 3/5 at the back with Godfrey just back from injury, Keane played with a virus so could well be out and inexperienced Branthwaite could find his 2nd start of the season alongside Holgate.

Pickford
Godfrey - Keane/Holgate - Branthwaite

Our wingbacks will be interesting, Coleman as captain has been on par with his form but the importance of this game may see him picked over Patterson. At Spurs, Kenny was as useful as the rest of the team and it was only when Mykolenko joined the team did we shore up a bit better but the damage was done.

Pickford
Mykolenko - Godfrey - Keane/Holgate - Branthwaite - Coleman

Midfield wise I would stick with the 3 who played v Spurs, Allan, Doucoure and Van de Beek because we need to keep the midfield constraint which will strengthen our defence especially if Wolves stick with a 4/5 midfield.

Pickford
Allan - Doucoure - Van de Beek

Attacking wise, I felt for DCL because we set up to fail but he also needs to be quicker, stronger and press more and I think it's harsh but I would choose Richarlison over Gordon. Gordon has been wonderful but v Spurs he ran himself into the ground to very little effect. DCL and Richarlison have also played together more so complement each other plus I just think he would be a great option off the bench especially because Wolves would be a tight and nervous affair. We also have great attacking options in Gray and Dele to come in should we need them.

Pickford
Allan - Doucoure - Van de Beek
DCL - Richarlison

That team will give us balance and shore up any of the weaknesses though not psychological. Goodison has been excellent of late so I hope we continue the same vain and push this lot over the line.

Oh and I’m having

Pickford
Kenny
Godfrey
Branthwaite
Coleman

Allan
Doucoure
VDB

Iwobi
Gordon

Richarlison

If Gray is fit, I play him. But not if it will risk any injuries. Could be huge off bench along with Alli.

We’ll beat these, simply because it’s unthinkable that we don’t.

Pickford
Coleman Branthwaite Godfrey Myko
VdB Allan Doucs
Gordon Rich Gray

Keane and Holgate are absolute aids and I don’t want to see them play for us again.

Crowd should help abit but Sunday at 2 isn't ideal for generating the type of atmosphere.

And we need the crowd to urge our players to get in there faces though as wolves are far more techinical team and will stroll past us if allowed time on the ball

Alex Iwobi has scored 3 premier league goals for us. All against Wolves.

Just saying..

Iwobi is done for the season. All three seasons here, he scores one against a lower league team in the league cup, then one in the premier league vs. Wolves, and that’s it.

Crowd should help abit but Sunday at 2 isn't ideal for generating the type of atmosphere.

And we need the crowd to urge our players to get in there faces though as wolves are far more techinical team and will stroll past us if allowed time on the ball
Good point about that kick off time, it's a stinker

I think we’ll go:

Pickford
Kenny.Holgate.Branthwaite.Godfrey
Doucoure.Allan.Beek
Gordon.Richi.Iwobi

Subs Gray, El Ghazi, DCL, Keane, Coleman, Alli, Begovic, Myko, Gomes
Godfrey, OK, but why at left back? That's putting another square peg in a round hole.

He's a centre back, a spot that we haven't had any joy from. Play him there.

Isn't Mykolenko an international left back?

Biggest game of the season again.

Goodison is where we stand or fall.

If we play Keane then it's game over. They will target him time and again.
We need fighters and by default that eliminates half the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.