Match Thread Everton vs Wolves - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With this Everton team , it's more likely that we beat Wolves 2-0. Then our players think that they are Brazil 1970. Then all expectations are sky high. And BANG. We get beat by Newcastle. Isn't that what this bunch do. When did we last win two on the bounce? Think you have to go back to August last year for that feat. A disgrace. That this bunch can't string two good performances together.
Anyhow......let's best Wolves for starters. Don't want Keane or Coleman starting. But you know that they will. Just hope that we can take the kead. Because to go behind will just give me that old sinking feeling , that here we go again. Can't see us pulling back the game if we go behind.
So would we take the draw? Difficult. We need to start winning.

I don't know. Nobody does. What Everton will turn up. Can these players turn up? Can they string a few good performances together?
Have we the players to get out of this awful position? I don't know.
I don't really trust them. But at some point we need to start winning a few matches. Two reasonable home chances coming up. These matches will be season defining imo. Let's hope that our players fully realise the position that this club is now in. Let's hope they cut out the stupid mistakes that have mostly put the club in this position. And that includes our forwards.They need to be taking their chances.
So once again........let's beat the Wolves. And hopefully no dropping off . No thinking that the job is done. Let's then beat Newcastke. And hopefully also beat Palace. But with Everton that could also be 3 defeats.
No guarantees. No nothing with Everton. But once again......let's just hope for the best. Isn't that all that us supporters can now do...Hope.
Up The Toffees....

Last edited:
I'm afraid we will lose this heavily....Neto and Podence will run riot.

unless the crowd get stuck in during the match and not just on the concourse

Sorry for the rant before folks. This post will be short and sweet. 2-0 win v Wolves. Then another 2-0 win v Newcastle. And we also beat Palace 2-0 in the cup. Now wouldn't those results be great.
And I go through the card on the first day of Cheltenham. Get my lotto numbers up. And a pig flies past my window. Up The Toffees.
Ps.......no more nonsense. But those three results for Everton would really lift the gloom. If only.

I have seen nothing from this Everton side to convince me we can win this. That Spurs match will have ended it for those players.

With this Everton team , it's more likely that we beat Wolves 2-0. Then our players think that they are Brazil 1970. Then all expectations are sky high. And BANG. We get beat by Newcastle. Isn't that what this bunch do. When did we last win two on the bounce? Think you have to go back to August last year for that feat. A disgrace. That this bunch can't string two good performances together.
Anyhow......let's best Wolves for starters. Don't want Keane or Coleman starting. But you know that they will. Just hope that we can take the kead. Because to go behind will just give me that old sinking feeling , that here we go again. Can't see us pulling back the game if we go behind.
So would we take the draw? Difficult. We need to start winning.

I don't know. Nobody does. What Everton will turn up. Can these players turn up? Can they string a few good performances together?
Have we the players to get out of this awful position? I don't know.
I don't really trust them. But at some point we need to start winning a few matches. Two reasonable home chances coming up. These matches will be season defining imo. Let's hope that our players fully realise the position that this club is now in. Let's hope they cut out the stupid mistakes that have mostly put the club in this position. And that includes our forwards.They need to be taking their chances.
So once again........let's beat the Wolves. And hopefully no dropping off . No thinking that the job is done. Let's then beat Newcastke. And hopefully also beat Palace. But with Everton that could also be 3 defeats.
No guarantees. No nothing with Everton. But once again......let's just hope for the best. Isn't that all that us supporters can now do...Hope.
Up The Toffees....
This post is precisely how our players likely feel.

Various directions (multiple managers)... undermining...
Stability and development, resulting in...
Inconsistent / poor results, leading to...
Apprehension, fearfulness and low expectations (EFC today).

Of all the negative effects this awful period of leadership has resulted in, easily the most damaging is apprehension. Nothing is more draining and exhausting than playing a sport (or any task) without a pattern and confidence. Our players are permanently reacting, disjointed and painfully low of group resolve. It is hard on players individually, as Michael Keane demonstrates.

I can't be at the game, but urge fans to lift off the roof with deafening singing, support, and vociferous pressure on decisions and any moments where we can win further advantage for our beloved boys in blue. I was there fore Arsenal 2-1. It was electric. Many of those lads on the pitch may not be the blues of the future that we want. But some are, and right now our squad is all we have to keep us up.

Do it blues. Bellow, terrify, pressurize and will on those lads who represent one of finest and most successful clubs in British footballing history.

Wolves play tonight. We simply have to make our freshness tell ok the weekend. Full house and just get into them and try and get an early goal. They don’t score many so if w exams gore first they’ll start to think it a difficult task to come back
That really should be enough to give us an edge.

I just hope their manager doesn't overthink tonight and rest a few, calculating he can do that and pick up all 6 points from Watford and Everton.

This post is precisely how our players likely feel.

Various directions (multiple managers)... undermining...
Stability and development, resulting in...
Inconsistent / poor results, leading to...
Apprehension, fearfulness and low expectations (EFC today).

Of all the negative effects this awful period of leadership has resulted in, easily the most damaging is apprehension. Nothing is more draining and exhausting than playing a sport (or any task) without a pattern and confidence. Our players are permanently reacting, disjointed and painfully low of group resolve. It is hard on players individually, as Michael Keane demonstrates.

I can't be at the game, but urge fans to lift off the roof with deafening singing, support, and vociferous pressure on decisions and any moments where we can win further advantage for our beloved boys in blue. I was there fore Arsenal 2-1. It was electric. Many of those lads on the pitch may not be the blues of the future that we want. But some are, and right now our squad is all we have to keep us up.

Do it blues. Bellow, terrify, pressurize and will on those lads who represent one of finest and most successful clubs in British footballing history.
Good post......

I think we’ll go:

Pickford
Kenny.Holgate.Branthwaite.Godfrey
Doucoure.Allan.Beek
Gordon.Richi.Iwobi

Subs Gray, El Ghazi, DCL, Keane, Coleman, Alli, Begovic, Myko, Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.