Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible match report. WTF?!

Thought the same, not the game I was watching. I think fans felt fairly optimistic going into the game given recent performances, more so than in a long time. also there were maybe 2 fans that booed out of a crowd of 40k, put it in perspective ffs

I really like the summer business we did - but a lack of goals is going to kill us this season
Fingers crossed this will only be until the next transfer window. As it stands I think we'll do well to finish around mid-table this season. I know it's only two games but in hindsight our results against Chelsea and Forest will prove to be poor. Chelsea will lose a lot of points this season away to middling teams.

This was an awful game of football with one moment of quality. Happy with the win but both sides were very scrappy. We play better football against better sides, and seemed to get dragged to west ham's level.

Small steps.
It was good , ground out victory yesterday and the signs of progression under Lampard continue.
We are playing some good football at times and have become difficult to beat.
I was little disappointed how much we were pushed onto our back foot following our goal.
Well taken goal by Maupay , Gueye was excellent.
The Coady/ Tarkowski partnership continues to impress.
Iwobi is now immense for us and MoTM again.
We rode our luck slightly with that Benrahma shot.
We do need to be more productive in front of goal though.
Still, first victory onwards and upwards (hopefully).

Just a little thought on the match yesterday. Thought that there was a lot of fiddley tip tippy football from us out on the left wing. Would love to see us being more direct. Being quicker. Get the ball into the box sharper.
And there was the problem. A number of times when attacking , there was no real presence in the box. A returning DCL should fix that problem. Maupay feeding off DCL,just might do the trick. And I know that this is not for everyone , but even yesterday , Maupay feeding off Rondon , might just have given West Ham more to think about.
So that’s my thinking. When DCL is back , keep Maupay alongside him. We need more fire power up front. We need more fire power brought in , in January also.
Who makes way for DCL? On yesterdays showing , sorry folks , but I’d drop Gordon. Anyhow, not rocket science, everyone has said it, we need more goals. Then I think we have a team. We are clearly better than last season.
And please Mr. Lampard , no more back 5. And no more Coleman and Keane.
But for now it’s all about the 3 points. Makes everything look just that wee bit better. Up the Toffees.
Ps. Would love to see us also have a few shots from outside the box. We don’t score many from distance. So come on Everton. Try a few shots from distance. Rant now over.

Never a bad time to win a match, but that one was massive. I feel that it gets the monkey off our back for the new look team that Lampard is shaping.

T'was never going to be a classic - these were two struggling teams short on confidence, but over the last couple of matches we are gradually improving, getting the basics right, and becoming a more cohesive unit.

Aside from EFC talk, have to say West Ham looked a mess, an absolute mess
Always find it strange how...

"West Ham looked an absolute mess"...our defence is so much better now?

"Salah was way off his game"...we targeted him and kept him quiet?

Pretty sure when we beat Southampton away in twelve days' time, somebody will say that Ward Prowse was way off his game...

Always find it strange how...

"West Ham looked an absolute mess"...our defence is so much better now?

"Salah was way off his game"...we targeted him and kept him quiet?

Pretty sure when we beat Southampton away in twelve days' time, somebody will say that Ward Prowse was way off his game...

Parts of this site are unreadable when the match is on, a lot of blues have negativity ingrained and are afraid to expect anything better due to how much we've been let down by the club over the years.

Very impressive win yesterday and a massive 3 points. I’ll admit I was kind of worried about begovic in goal and would have settled for a point, but he played well and it helps to actually have a midfield and a couple of CBs in front of him who are leaders and play with confidence. Couldn’t be happier for the team and Frank. UTFT!!

Just a little thought on the match yesterday. Thought that there was a lot of fiddley tip tippy football from us out on the left wing. Would love to see us being more direct. Being quicker. Get the ball into the box sharper.
And there was the problem. A number of times when attacking , there was no real presence in the box. A returning Dominic Calvert-Lewin should fix that problem. Maupay feeding off Dominic Calvert-Lewin,just might do the trick. And I know that this is not for everyone , but even yesterday , Maupay feeding off Rondon , might just have given West Ham more to think about.
So that’s my thinking. When Dominic Calvert-Lewin is back , keep Maupay alongside him. We need more fire power up front. We need more fire power brought in , in January also.
Who makes way for Dominic Calvert-Lewin? On yesterdays showing , sorry folks , but I’d drop Gordon. Anyhow, not rocket science, everyone has said it, we need more goals. Then I think we have a team. We are clearly better than last season.
And please Mr. Lampard , no more back 5. And no more Coleman and Keane.
But for now it’s all about the 3 points. Makes everything look just that wee bit better. Up the Toffees.
Ps. Would love to see us also have a few shots from outside the box. We don’t score many from distance. So come on Everton. Try a few shots from distance. Rant now over.
God you talk utter plop.

It was really nice to see some proper game management in the last ten minutes. Frustrating the cockerknees and making sure they had few opportunities to get into our area.

Team have much more composure now. Hard to break, unfortunatelly hard to score. With few more wins it would be easier to play. I can notice growing self confidence which is very Importat. Gueye continued where he stopped. But Iwobi is revelation. After scare on the start of the season, future looks brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.