Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't think we were particularly good at all tbh. West Ham were well worth a point or more.

We've played better than that this season and not won

But, who cares I guess?

Just got home.. how gray wasn't voted more is beyond me. Going forward he was very dangerous. Granted lost his head a little but still. .the back 4 today we're just immense

I think he’s brilliant to be honest. Tall, powerful, with very decent technique on top. He’s got the lot.
Agree, think it’s easy to pile on english players and say they’re overrated. He didnt have the best game today but he’s a top player and it shows how good our three were that he wasn’t able to influence the game more

For me Patterson going for it the whole game
Gana, Iwobi, Tarks, Coady, Myko, wow the defence was top class until the first goal, they were dominating

Thought Gray both this and last game has been throwing away great chances by not passing and running into spaces of unscorable positions
I'd say 5 guilt edged tee ups.
Think Gordon should switch to left.

A few wayward passes from the midfield, Garner will hopefullly add something here..

Cole is doing amazing job on Patterson and Myko.
Mykos becoming a top class defender.
Perhaps the moment of the game was Patterson backing up Myko, great to have either side of Coady and Tarks.

Were looking so solid up till the goal...
but managed to last longer than the good start last start.

First game I’ve been to since the home derby in the 2018/19 season.

Absolutely loved it, thought we were brilliant at times with Gueye, Iwobi, Gray and Patterson sticking out. As others have said this is a very likeable team, they work hard, play to a plan and all seem to be really up for playing under Lampard and relishing the turnaround since May

A bit spoiled for choice for MoM today. I could have gone for Coady, Patterson, Idrissa or Oanana but settled for Alex Iwobi in the end for sheer work rate and entertainment value. Plus another assist, one of these games he's going to score a couple himself. Very happy with the end result and the direction the team is going.

Good from the lads today,
Got to say though how that rice is valued at 100mill baffles me, nothing special whatsoever.....
Reminds me of a Chihuahua when he's mouthing off, he's loud and obnoxious but you just know you could Webb him off the park if it came to it
is this a wind-up?
I understand you saying Rice isn`t special and Iwobi had his number but the lad is tasty, although he did look fried towards the end.

For me Patterson going for it the whole game
Gana, Iwobi, Tarks, Coady, Myko, wow the defence was top class until the first goal, they were dominating

Thought Gray both this and last game has been throwing away great chances by not passing and running into spaces of unscorable positions
I'd say 5 guilt edged tee ups.
Think Gordon should switch to left.

A few wayward passes from the midfield, Garner will hopefullly add something here..

Cole is doing amazing job on Patterson and Myko.
Mykos becoming a top class defender.
Perhaps the moment of the game was Patterson backing up Myko, great to have either side of Coady and Tarks.

Were looking so solid up till the goal...
but managed to last longer than the good start last start.
I agree, Gray has got talent but he could be so much more. I thought he a good game today but he could of had a great game.

If only we could've added a little creativity to go with the industry and mentality added over the summer.

So good to feel positivity about Everton again. Lots of green shoots of recovery to see
We are building a good team, Definitely more solid which gives us chances of winning football matches. Certainly can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.