Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

We are a completely different team to what we were 12 months ago. The amount of personnel changes is remarkable, there's only really Pickford and Gray in our team at present who were regulars in the team 12 months ago.

2 new fullbacks, 2 new centre halves, 2 new midfielders and the emergence of Gordon and Iwobi from squad players to undroppable first teamers and a new striker with our main goalscorer still to come in.

Serious credit is warranted for Lampard and Thelwell that they managed to overhaul a completely rotten team in extra quick time and without a serious budget. The quality is still not spectacular but this is a very likeable team at present and it's been a while since we could say that.
I think the quality will come when they have played more together, a team that’s greater than the sum of their parts. Which is what happened in 84. I think these folks have a plan.

Can really see the foundations are there, midfield was the best its been for a long time. Iwobi excellent, really excelling in that box to box midfield role and has more freedom with Gana behind. Just lacking that real quality in attack now in getting a 2nd, 3rd goal.

It will come. Some real positives today ahead of the 3 pts to go with it.

Good from the lads today,
Got to say though how that rice is valued at 100mill baffles me, nothing special whatsoever.....
Reminds me of a Chihuahua when he's mouthing off, he's loud and obnoxious but you just know you could Webb him off the park if it came to it

For the first time in a long time in goodison, we had numbers on the attack. Look at the goal. Only three Everton players not in shot, the CB's and GK.

iwobi sees the big open space, makes the run, and the goal comes from it.

Patterson advanced but not in a position he cant recovered from if we lose the ball. Gana sitting nicely in that protection area, mindful of Antonio.

We may not see a great season this season but the backbone, the fundamentals of how we will play are there, its just practice and even though Maupay's goal was a wonderful solo effort, it came off a good team move.

Screenshot 2022-09-18 203542.png

Good from the lads today,
Got to say though how that rice is valued at 100mill baffles me, nothing special whatsoever.....
Reminds me of a Chihuahua when he's mouthing off, he's loud and obnoxious but you just know you could Webb him off the park if it came to it

I think he’s brilliant to be honest. Tall, powerful, with very decent technique on top. He’s got the lot.

For the first time in a long time in goodison, we had numbers on the attack. Look at the goal. Only three Everton players not in shot, the CB's and GK.

iwobi sees the big open space, makes the run, and the goal comes from it.

Patterson advanced but not in a position he cant recovered from if we lose the ball. Gana sitting nicely in that protection area, mindful of Antonio.

We may not see a great season this season but the backbone, the fundamentals of how we will play are there, its just practice and even though Maupay's goal was a wonderful solo effort, it came off a good team move.

View attachment 184434
well that sucks, it doesn't play the goal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.