Match Thread Everton vs West Ham United - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually gone for Begovic,it's a tough one coming in cold for Pickford but I thought he was fine, Gueye, Tarkowski, Coady honourable mentions too,Gray and Maupay decent as well,up the Toffs ??
While I didn't think he was MOTM you make a good point.
The circumstances that begovic hasn't played for a long time, just comes in and does a professional job and makes key saves that ultimately lead to us winning the game.

We might have the best back up keeper in the league.

We are a completely different team to what we were 12 months ago. The amount of personnel changes is remarkable, there's only really Pickford and Gray in our team at present who were regulars in the team 12 months ago.

2 new fullbacks, 2 new centre halves, 2 new midfielders and the emergence of Gordon and Iwobi from squad players to undroppable first teamers and a new striker with our main goalscorer still to come in.

Serious credit is warranted for Lampard and Thelwell that they managed to overhaul a completely rotten team in extra quick time and without a serious budget. The quality is still not spectacular but this is a very likeable team at present and it's been a while since we could say that.

For the first time in a long while, you could see there is a plan in place and a certain style we want to play. It didn’t always work and many times there were misplaced passes, but for the first time since I can’t remember when, there was a desire and commitment to try and rectify the mistake and win the ball back. The lads stuck together today, showed quality and grit in equal measure. Long may it continue.

For the first time in ages, I enjoyed watching us. Lampard has a plan. He's not signing so-called superstars nor spiking big money on average players. But above all that, he's developing our players into decent PL players. I slated Iwobi but I stand corrected - he is absolutely influential.

But for me, Guaye was outstanding. We have sorely missed a player like him. Brilliant to get the win and the clean sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.